Mojave Road

5outta6

Anyone interested in driving the Mojave Road (trail) through the Mojave National Preserve?

I'd like to do it in my F-150 4x4, w/ my ATC camper, but can't go alone.

I was thinking the last week or weekend of 2020 February.

Anyone interested?

Maybe, that or Camino del Diablo are on the list for the near future, both would be ideal.

I’m interested, as the time draws closer I’ll be able to solidify a commitment.
please keep me posted.
Thanks

If you don't already have this book, it's a must!

mojave road.jpg

I'm thinking going East to West. Possibly departing any day on the last week of February (23-29th).

Any who plans on going, what do you think?

Just got back from there yesterday, beware the water crossing at afton, my 6 inch list and 35 inch tires barely got through. While the big dodge and four wheel camper are tough, it was a challenge, more of a jeep trail IMHO. Awesome country to see though, and remember you can't get help easily, your a long way from anything .20191122_131514.jpeg20191122_124331.jpeg

Wow, nice pics.
I've been told that it may be prudent not to go through the water and double back avoiding the water, or try and find a trail around it.
I don't think my truck would make it through.

Yikes, more than I'd wanna do, getting into deep water. We enjoyed the eastern 2/3 of Mojave Rd early this year.

rubberlegs said:
Yikes, more than I'd wanna do, getting into deep water. We enjoyed the eastern 2/3 of Mojave Rd early this year.
2/3 would be good for me. I was only parts of it last month.....

5outta6 said:
I'm thinking going East to West. Possibly departing any day on the last week of February (23-29th).

Any who plans on going, what do you think?
East to west sounds good. Do you have a rally point in mind on the east side where folks could meet up say the day before, camp and head out in the morning?

/2

slash2 said:
East to west sounds good. Do you have a rally point in mind on the east side where folks could meet up say the day before, camp and head out in the morning?

/2
I'm open to suggestions.....

(what part of Bay Area are you; I'm 25 n of GGB )

5outta6 said:
I'm open to suggestions.....

(what part of Bay Area are you; I'm 25 n of GGB )
never been there so i don't know where a good spot might be. Maybe Fort Piute?

(by San Mateo, midway between SF & SJ)

Slash2 suggests we would meet up at Fort Piute. Sounds good to me.

How does this sounds to others who may come ?

What date:

Back
Top Bottom