mold in the potable water tank overflow tube

flinchlock

[SIZE=medium]While working on a mod to my ATC Cougar, I noticed there is mold in the potable water tank overflow tube![/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]On our last trip we probably never filled up with (chlorinated) city water and here at home we are on a well system.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]In the first picture notice the small section of tubing with mold. This section is the lowest section and as a result water does not ever drain from here.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Just a small nip & tuck solved the problem.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium][/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium][/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium][/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Mike[/SIZE]

That was a great repair. Does your tank seam to fill faster now? We found the longer vent line was also not venting so well due to the water holding in the curve.

Marty

marty said:
That was a great repair. Does your tank seam to fill faster now? We found the longer vent line was also not venting so well due to the water holding in the curve.

Marty
My Cougar is either on my truck and traveling or in my pole barn... so, it will be awhile (this Fall) before I can fill the water tank.

I will also be sanitizing the whole potable water system use Chlorinating Concentrate (Sodium Dichloro-s-Triazinetricone or Sodium Dichlor for short). See http://rvbasics.com/techtips/sanitizing-your-rv-fresh-water-system.html under the "The way I Sanitize My RV's Fresh Water Tank." section.

Mike

This is exactly why I never fill my potable water tank with my house well water. It is worth the drive to town to fill up with chlorinated city water.

marty said:
Does your tank seam to fill faster now? We found the longer vent line was also not venting so well due to the water holding in the curve.

Marty
We just got back from driving around Lake Superior and did not notice any change in filling.

Mike

P.S. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Superior
-> The Ojibwe call the lake gichigami, meaning "be a great sea." Henry Wadsworth Longfellow wrote the name as "Gitche Gumee" in The Song of Hiawatha, as did Gordon Lightfoot in his song, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald".
-> There is enough water in Lake Superior to cover the entire land mass of North and South America to a depth of 30 centimetres (12 in).

FWIW the water district where I was a firefighter used the standard of 8 drops of household bleach/chlorine per gallon of tap water in the case of a natural disaster to make it potable.
Might be fine for well water.

flinchlock said:
We just got back from driving around Lake Superior and did not notice any change in filling.

Mike

P.S. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Superior
-> The Ojibwe call the lake gichigami, meaning "be a great sea." Henry Wadsworth Longfellow wrote the name as "Gitche Gumee" in The Song of Hiawatha, as did Gordon Lightfoot in his song, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald".
-> There is enough water in Lake Superior to cover the entire land mass of North and South America to a depth of 30 centimetres (12 in).
Flinchlock, we are planning a trip around the big lake in late summer or fall this year. I would be interested in any tips and things not to miss. Feel free to do a private message to avoid extending the thread hijack. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom