Monday Checklist

Thankfully we don't have to brew our own beer. I have a friend who roasts and who taught me about how to pour the water, all about the bloom etc, and it does make a better cup of coffee. Not enough for me to roast but I do grind my beans when camping (sadly not at home for some odd reason). I too prefer a dark roast.

I'm enjoying my morning ritual of checking out WTW and reading this thread about coffee... as I enjoy my morning Diet Coke.

Excuse me as I head for the bomb shelter.

Ted said:
I'm enjoying my morning ritual of checking out WTW and reading this thread about coffee... as I enjoy my morning Diet Coke.

Now I know regular Coke has different recipes for different countries, does that apply to the Diet version too? And which is the best?

Here's a question for the coffee nerds. I get everything ready before I go to bed. Grind the coffee so all I have to do is boil the water. Is this okay or should I wait to grind until just before I make coffee?

Craig

Coffee taste comes from oils and volatile compounds. Some of that will off-gas from the coffee beans and even more will off gas from ground coffee. It is a surface area thing.

But it boils down to what your taste buds are accustomed to.

Tony

AWG_Pics said:
Coffee taste comes from oils and volatile compounds... But it boils down to what your taste buds are accustomed to.
So it is all about the oils that boils?

I've never understood coffee culture. That stuff tastes like rotgut!

rubberlegs said:
So it is all about the oils that boils?

I've never understood coffee culture. That stuff tastes like rotgut!
But, but, but... aren't you living in ground zero of the coffee culture?

ODE TO COFFEE
01/14/2016 -- sinahodge

O sweet coffee,
I adore thee,
Providing energy for tough days,
I hope the day never comes when we have to part ways.

Without you I’d be useless,
Lethargic and sedated,
I can’t imagine living life if I weren’t caffeinated.

I drink you while I’m driving,
I drink you while I’m dining.
Warmer than the Caribbean,
And the great Cape,
When I’m with you,
It feels like an escape.

Sweeter than the fresh wind coming from the west,
From all the drinks known to man,
I love you the best.
O sweet coffee,
I adore thee,
Providing energy for tough days.

Yeah, we do live in coffee country. Deb loves coffee.

My dad said beer was an acquired taste. He said he acquired the taste for cheap beer.

Ted said:

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Blasphemy :eek:
I see your point but I think blasphemy is a bit strong to use here. It would be blasphemy if Ted was roasting fresh picked coca leaves, hand grinding the leaves, and processing his own artificial sweeteners to make his own Diet Coke each morning.

ski3pin said:
I see your point but I think blasphemy is a bit strong to use here. It would be blasphemy if Ted was roasting fresh picked coca leaves, hand grinding the leaves, and processing his own artificial sweeteners to make his own Diet Coke each morning.
Nope, it’s blasphemy! Ted is a great guy, but I’m afraid he’s gunna be sentenced two weeks in the electric chair. :LOL:

AWG_Pics said:
But, but, but... aren't you living in ground zero of the coffee culture?

ODE TO COFFEE
01/14/2016 -- sinahodge

O sweet coffee,
I adore thee,
Providing energy for tough days,
I hope the day never comes when we have to part ways.

Without you I’d be useless,
Lethargic and sedated,
I can’t imagine living life if I weren’t caffeinated.

I drink you while I’m driving,
I drink you while I’m dining.
Warmer than the Caribbean,
And the great Cape,
When I’m with you,
It feels like an escape.

Sweeter than the fresh wind coming from the west,
From all the drinks known to man,
I love you the best.
O sweet coffee,
I adore thee,
Providing energy for tough days.
Yep that about sums it up.Thanks.
Italian dark roast/espresso person here.
Frank

Here I sit in a hotel room in Tokyo reading this post. I had no clue there was so much about coffee! Selection, roasting, grinding, water, brewing,temperature, etc.

You have gone above and beyond for your coffee enjoyment. I tip my hat and enjoyed learning a bit about coffee.

I have no use or a desire to drink coffee, BUT I really enjoy the smell of coffee. So if I'm wandering with you, your coffee is safe, just the aroma will be sucked off.

pvstoy said:
Here I sit in a hotel room in Tokyo reading this post. I had no clue there was so much about coffee! Selection, roasting, grinding, water, brewing,temperature, etc.

You have gone above and beyond for your coffee enjoyment. I tip my hat and enjoyed learning a bit about coffee.

I have no use or a desire to drink coffee, BUT I really enjoy the smell of coffee. So if I'm wandering with you, your coffee is safe, just the aroma will be sucked off.
Enjoy your time in the land of tea. We do love a nice tea. both taste and aroma, as well as coffee. If we do encounter you in the back of beyond we can introduce you to the delightful smell of the beans, then the ground beans and finally the extract we love so well, the actual coffee drink! Perhaps we could talk you into one little sip?

AWG_Pics said:
Enjoy your time in the land of tea. We do love a nice tea. both taste and aroma, as well as coffee. If we do encounter you in the back of beyond we can introduce you to the delightful smell of the beans, then the ground beans and finally the extract we love so well, the actual coffee drink! Perhaps we could talk you into one little sip?
Thanks, always enjoy the aroma. This past year brought back coffee from Guatemala and Colombian for the neighbors. Boy did my luggage smell good.

Not much for drinking tea, but will if only drink available. Just did a walk for excizise through a train system station, a group was passing out free samples of a drink, thought it was like Gatorade but a engery drink with 150 MG of caffeine. Not sure I want to drink it as my body has not seen that much caffeine at one time in decades. I think 12 Oz coffee has around 140mg, can of coke around 40mg.

Back
Top Bottom