More shower help!

Mic

Advanced Member
I have a 2014 Eagle and use my outside shower most every trip...never had any troubles till this last trip (Up at Stinson Flats on the Klickitat River here in Washington), any way just couldn't get the quick connect to hook up??? Felt like it just wasn't going in far enough? I checked and the keeper pins were moving out of the way?? Tried turning the water off and on inside, etc...
Thanks for any help!

Weird. I have a 2014 Eagle as well and now my shower won't work either. Worked fine last summer and the faucet in the sink works fine. I tried blowing through the shower head and it is not blocked but not even a trickle when I try to use it. The quick connect seems to seat ok, at least I can't just pull it out. Sorry I can't help, looks like I am in the same or similar boat.

Update: working the fitting (seating and unseating) finally got mine to work. It looked like a small blue o-ring may have gotten misaligned.

If I'm not mistaken, that makes three people with the same or similar issues, all within the last week. What's with the bad shower juju?

I wish I had suggestions.

Yes, sounds like we now have a tri-fecta of us FWC owners unable to use our outdoor shower.

I haven't made it back for any testing since the earlier replies.

I was hoping someone would give me the answer and I could skip all the head scratching and trouble shooting :)

I had this problem a couple of years ago and simply emailed FWC about it. They sent me a new quick connect which I replaced. My camper was still under warranty at the time but it can't hurt to ask. No problem since then but after reading all these posts, I'm wondering whether it wouldn't be a good idea to carry an extra as a spare.

Alan

Here are a few photos. Does anything look amiss here?

ImageUploadedByWander The West1463401395.027081.jpg

ImageUploadedByWander The West1463401406.635295.jpg

ImageUploadedByWander The West1463401415.539316.jpg

With everything removed still no water coming out of the middle valve mixing valve whatever you call it....

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West

My outside shower did the same thing. Couldn't connect the shower hose to the outside hookup. Stopped by the factory and they replaced the outside hookup. Now it's doing the same thing again, not connecting.

Based on this thread, I found the original quick disconnect that I had replaced. It works great. I had tried WD40 before replacing it and maybe this and proper aging (y'know, like wine) returned it to health. In any event, I dropped it in the outside storage with the shower hose and all just in case the replacement starts to act up.

Alan

I shouldn't asked but the topic got me wondering as the gods must think I'm crazy:
I use the outside shower as well and no problems so far, except, and this is for my better half,
Has anyone figured out a way to extend the shower 10" to 12" further away from the camper side wall. I realize the mixing nozzle attaches directly to the mixing valve, it would have to attach a ridged extension handle to the valve control.
Why: when using a privacy tent, the tent fabric is very close to the heater exhaust and side wall.
I've designed a water diversion catch basin (canvas flooring) but after a couple of showers it creates some what of a mess next to the camper. And now after reading about bears in another post I'm real anxious to see if there something out there!

SeatoSea said:
--snip--
Has anyone figured out a way to extend the shower 10" to 12" further away from the camper side wall. I realize the mixing nozzle attaches directly to the mixing valve, it would have to attach a ridged extension handle to the valve control.
Why: when using a privacy tent, the tent fabric is very close to the heater exhaust and side wall.
I've designed a water diversion catch basin (canvas flooring) but after a couple of showers it creates some what of a mess next to the camper
--snip--
RicoV's post about halfway down the page might give you an idea.
http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/topic/8495-jack-brackets-repurposed/page-3

Paul
ps. Rather than bolting the tube to the jack bracket, you might be able to use a couple of wire locking pins to make set-up & removal easy. http://www.lowes.com/pd_218513-37672-882693_0__?k_clickID=c419fe32-eabb-4369-9f2d-60e431d3bbe5&store_code=2579&productId=3024933&selectedLocalStoreBeanArray=%5Bcom.lowes.commerce.storelocator.beans.LocatorStoreBean%406260626%5D&storeNumber=2579&kpid=3024933&cm_mmc=SCE_PLA:sleep:ToolsAndHardware:sleep:Fasteners:sleep:3024933%3AThe_Hillman_Group&CAWELAID=&CAWELAID=1368116767

I called Four Wheel Campers today and as always was treated very well!! New parts are on there way to me!
I am very pleased with there customer service!!!!
THANKS FWC!!!!!!

Seatosea. Check Foy's post. I believe there was one on shower tents and he has something that has a hose connection to drain down slope onto a collapsible container. jd

Sent from my SM-G900V using Wander The West mobile app

I had the same issue on my last trip and I used some pb plaster and removed the fitting and was able to get it broken loose. I should probably get an extra one in case it won't break loose.

When I first got my Grandby and had trouble on a couple of trips connecting the outside shower hose. What I found was that if the water pump was on, it made it difficult to impossible to make the connection.

So before connecting my outside shower hose, I make sure my water pump is off and the system isn't charged. Haven't had any issues since.

LookyLou said:
When I first got my Grandby and had trouble on a couple of trips connecting the outside shower hose. What I found was that if the water pump was on, it made it difficult to impossible to make the connection.

So before connecting my outside shower hose, I make sure my water pump is off and the system isn't charged. Haven't had any issues since.
Good to know.

Mic - curious if you had to pay for your replacement shower unit or not? I called them up and had to pay for mine. They are no longer using that unit that we have on our 2014 models but the newer upgraded better unit is not a direct retrofit.

That said, I think you could remove the door to our unit, fab a piece of aluminum in its place and then cut a hole to mount the new smaller unit.

Back
Top Bottom