Mounting an 1976 8 Foot Cab over on a 1995 Dodge Ram

Rdy2Roam said:
Picking up truck and camper in Co. 2006 3500 dodge ram diesel with a 2014 8' co. Then driving back to Florida. Plan on wandering around the West for a while before heading back.
when is this happening? if you get close to SF let me know.

Flying out in the morning! Probably just wander around Co. Then head to Oklahoma to see some old friends. I wish I could stay out there and travel all around but I don't think the wife would like that to well. In a couple years were planning to head out that way. Hopefully meet up on the road one day with some folks on here.

Mine was to wide for my 99 dodge diesel and also not high enough so I screwed and glued 4 2x2s to the existing floor and also insulated with Styrofoam in between, helps keep it warm. Mine came with a aftermarket black water tank the was strapped to the bottom, a little micky mouse so when I took a few inches of the back I installed a 25 gallon holding tank an a low profile biffy it works for me.
In Baja last winter I got stuck and my Alaskan is now 24 years old with a little soft wood here and there, so its still in my shop getting a redo on the bottom section. While its there it will also get new o rings and a fluid change. Its not a priority yet and I work slow but will need it in a month or so and will have to get to work soon. I have had my Alaskan since 2004 and in all that time have not found anything that meets my better.

I do get that loyalty from a lot of long-term owners. The six-pac I had was fun but really too tall for urban access. Is your 99 an 8'bed?

Back
Top Bottom