Mounting AT Gas Can Holder on a Loaded Hawk

Ramblinman

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has mounted the AT Gas Can Holder on their loaded Hawk. I have seen others mounted on the passenger side and some mounted on the drivers side. I believe those who mounted their Holder on the drivers side were on shell models.

My situation: I have a Hawk with the fridge/furnace/A/C etc. I cannot mount the can on the passenger side due to the A/C unit. This leaves me with the Driver Side as my only option. This said, there is a lot of plumbing and wiring/hardware etc in the area I would have to bolt the aluminum bars to.

I have read Hadleys threads ... but I believe that he did not have to contend with the the doodads immediately above the driver side mounting position.

Anyone who may have pulled this off ... please let me know how!

Thanks!

Craig and Hadley both generally followed my installation, only theirs are improved a bit. Ramblinman, I did have to remove the fridge to do the install. I used cairrage head bolts with the heads inside the camper so they would not interfere with fitting the fridge back in. But this means you have the 1x1 bar and the bolt and nut below the side of your camper. Make sure all of that will fit above the rail of your truck bed.

Back
Top Bottom