Mounting Eagle on RAM 1500 (before and after photos and how I did it)

You'll find many uses for the jack brackets beside the jacks, get em. They make great towel / wetsuit rack at the beach, antenna mount if you inclined for entertainment, i use a S hook to hang a trash bag so ants and other critters can't get in it.

Bigfoot said:
How does the air suspension hold up with the weight? The EcoDiesel's rated payload in your configuration is only around 1100-1200 lbs, so the dry camper takes up that. Fully loaded with one passenger you are probably pushing 1800 lbs payload. When I had an EcoDiesel the air suspension's off-road modes stopped working at 1600 lbs and the air suspension failed completely at 2000 lbs. Other than that it's a great truck. Fuel mileage unloaded was solid mid to high 20s on the highway and high teens towing a travel trailer.
I ended up scrapping the air bags for HD coil springs and 1.5 inch spring spacers with a stage 5 icon suspension, and an adjustable sway bar. I have around 400 lbs of batteries and solar panels so my weight is likely closer to 2000 lbs loaded.
The truck pulls any grade even the the Cuesta grade in San Luis Obispo CA at 70mph. Stopping hasn't been a problem even on the 285x70x17 tires im running. I can get the trucks ABS to kick in with a panic stop, which means there's enough braking power to lock up the wheels.

I'm very pleased with this setup. IMG_6756.JPG

Back
Top Bottom