My camping setup

rtpvibes

My 07 tundra and 07 hawk. Has heater, water heater, sink 2 burner cook top ,outside shower , 12 fridge IMG_0862.JPG

rtpvibes said:
My 07 tundra and 07 hawk. Has heater, water heater, sink 2 burner cook top ,outside shower , 12 fridge
attachicon.gif
IMG_0862.JPG
IMG_0799.JPG
Here's inside pic , I'm in ma . This is my second four wheel used to have a grandby . Long time
Lurker. Enjoyed many post and learned lots . There very rare around here . Thanks guys

Yes they are! Being from MA too. I have seen three in 8 years... one is just 20 miles from us....being in north west Berkshires.Your rig looks sleek!

buckland said:
Yes they are! Being from MA too. I have seen three in 8 years... one is just 20 miles from us....being in north west Berkshires.Your rig looks sleek!
I bought my first 10 miles away this one was in up state ny about 10 minutes from Canada. The hot water heater and outside shower is awesome . I used it a lot last year going to beach . I have seen my two and two other . And I saw one two weeks ago , a silver spit hawk tundra combo on rt 3 heading to New Hampshire . You have very nice rig also

CamperCamper said:
Nice set up. I love the look of a Hawk on a Tundra! It is a good combination.
Well thank you so much . I had it on my01 last year and now on this one . I had no trouble with either tundra holding weight , driving or stoping . And I went down to South Carolina and Tennessee and back last year . Love the tundra . Built very well

Wow...seeing 3 in 8 years. That is what it was like in the early 2000 - 2012 in Southern California...than the population soared.
Yesterday I was riding my bike at the Oceanside marina and saw two Hawks plus my Eagle.

Back in the early 2000 - 2012 time frame I was constantly asked about it...and I would demonstrate it (up and down), everywhere even in my church parking lot. so often I started carrying brochures (still do). When we do rally's we get a lot of Lookers. There still is a tremendous amount of interest in a small container, easily carried on a pick up truck with basic amenities.

Many were surprised you could buy a camper for a "mini"-truck.

RT - as the population increases on the east coast and other parts of the country, consider doing a rally.. You will be surprised at the number of campers in your area.

Ya a small truck with a camper is awesome. Maybe the new dealer in Nh will have a rally around ma or Nh . I told terry bud and tom that the said have a dealer here and it will start a big trend . They are great campers . One thing I miss from my shadow cruiser is the real mattress and under bed storage. I know now they are starting to build them . And I thing a lift system where you can clean and wipe down the lifts would be better . I do love mine

My fossil hunting rig, 1985 Blazer with military trailer. Longest camping trip was three months, 450 miles then stayed in the same general area just different pastures. It is nice because I can camp by any fossil I find in rough terrain. The second picture is my camp on a finger about 30 feet wide, I found a Ptychodus mortoni at the bottom of the finger, you can see the ground is scraped away. The shell eating shark fossil had over 550 teeth and two vertebrae. Good times.IMG_0056.JPGIMG_1129.JPG

scmense said:
My fossil hunting rig, 1985 Blazer with military trailer. Longest camping trip was three months, 450 miles then stayed in the same general area just different pastures. It is nice because I can camp by any fossil I find in rough terrain. The second picture is my camp on a finger about 30 feet wide, I found a Ptychodus mortoni at the bottom of the finger, you can see the ground is scraped away. The shell eating shark fossil had over 550 teeth and two vertebrae. Good times.
attachicon.gif
IMG_0056.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_1129.JPG
That's a sweet set up for a single person!

How funny. I was living in Melrose and Wakefield (working in Andover) and never saw a 4 Wheel camper. We moved to Northern Washington and now I am seeing them everywhere, even in the small town I live in. Nice to see there are some folks out in the MA area doing it!

Chris

I saw 4 or 5 on my drive back from the coast, but I am only 80 miles from the factory. Funny, most I saw had their jacks on, thought that was not recommended.

East Coast Rally,

Doing a rally is easy. The volunteer - owner picks a campground near them say within a 30 minute drive.(an advantage of being the volunteer). Meets with the dealer to decide what your going to say on the flyer, create it and post on WTW and dealers office to give to their customers and prospects.

The factory (Tom) does a mailer to all its customers in your area, sending out the flyer as an attachment.

You have a potluck Saturday afternoon and you just hang out and visit Friday afternoon and Saturday looking at each others rigs. Tom will throw in some shirts. Easy.

PM me and I will help you do the first one.

We did the first So Cal rally in October 2012 (the year I bought our shell). We had 12 rigs that met in the desert at a "latitude and longitude" spot in the Anza-Borrego desert. We had a great time, so started doing them every year since.

The dealers don't have the time or manpower to do the "gopher" work. They donate food, liquids and manpower for the rally itself. I just do check-in and hand out the shirts , itinerary's, and answer questions...and have a really good time

Back
Top Bottom