My floor creaks

idahoron

For several months my floor is creaking. It is right at the drivers side turnbuckle hole. Does anyone have a fix for this?

Do what Dorothy did to the tin man, it worked for his squeak...

(I obviously have nothing worthwhile to add to this post)

Is the noise just annoying?
Or are you concerned that the noise is a sign of something breaking down, coming apart, etc.?

I too just noticed this happening. I worry about any type of failure of the floor. Haven't read about it happening but you never know.

The noise is just annoying but I wonder if there is a larger problem. No matt under the camper on the bed. Just the stock metal on the tundra.

My floor sometimes creaks as well. I am usually first up and others are in tents outside, so I would rather it not wake them. It has not done it the last few times out. It could be that there is an area where the bed of the truck is not supporting the camper as well as you would like.

I was at FWC with a friend that was getting the solar panel connector added to the roof of his truck. He bought my stock solar panel. There was a lady having FWC remove the creak in her camper floor. They were adding, possibly, some rubber material (pad?) between the camper and bed. It was a while back and I think that is what she said they were doing. No idea if it fixed it or not.

Steve

Our floor on our first camper creaked a little, the new one a lot more. I've been wondering if putting a rubber mat under it would help. Good to hear it worked for RC Pilot Jim.

Old camper never squeaked new one all the time. May have to try a mat. Where is the best place to get one.

So other than a noise you all don't think it is anything to worry about? I personally don't care if it makes noise I just don't want something to happen.

It's just a single layer of 3/4"(5/8"?) plywood, so not much to worry about. My '08 Hawk also has some squeaks.

I suspect it's just flex when you step on the floor, rubbing against the non-padded truck bed. I entertained adding a rubber mat, but after checking with other owners, opted to go with the camper mounted direct to the rhino-coated bed. I'm not sure how FWC joins the ply at the corner of the floor pac, but certainly us mortals walking inside the camper shouldn't jeopardize that connection.

Back
Top Bottom