My new Outfitter Caribou Lite 6.5

rfg

Advanced Member
Had my new camper installed on 17 March.

Spent a week with it in Colorado and New Mexico before heading home.

No surprises and very happy with it,

resizedP1040072.jpgresizedP1040074.jpg

A couple more photos

Attachments

• resizedP1040075.jpg
    resizedP1040075.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 502
  • resizedP1040076.jpg
    resizedP1040076.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 523
Inside photos... not at all easy to do in these campers

Attachments

• resizedP1040247.jpg
    resizedP1040247.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 601
  • resizedP1040248.jpg
    resizedP1040248.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 612
  • resizedP1040249.jpg
    resizedP1040249.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 608
Two more

Attachments

• resizedP1040250.jpg
    resizedP1040250.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 447
  • resizedP1040251.jpg
    resizedP1040251.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 441
Looks great ! I am just about to buy one too.....I pick it up next week.

Looks like you have raised the cabover from the standard 8".......eyeballing it, seems to be about a 12" deep cabover ? I assume that was done to give you more room and a deeper mattress... ?

Very glad to hear you like it......I'll post some pics of mine when I pick it up.

I went with the N-S bed, comes to 80" x 80". They have to make the cabover deeper to support it. Allows them to put it a 5" mattress.

Good idea.....I went with a 10" cabover and also the north south bed with storage either side . Not quite as long as yours though. I am guessing you must be taller - looks like a 54" door as well ?

I'd have to measure the door but I do know that interior height is around 6' 6"

I'm excited to finally see a member with one of these. They seem like such a great deal compared to the competition. Please continue to give updates on your camper. Have fun!

I've looked at this company and this camper a few years ago.Looks like a nice rig and the price is good.There are
a lot of standards with the camper.

I like my Bobcat,but would at least look closer if I wanted a replacement.
Enjoy your rig.
Frank

Bob Ward at Outfitter was great to work with. I am very pleased with the camper. Just waiting for the weather to improve to get some more use of the camper.

Thx for sharing another nice Outfitter with us. Looks great, and the fact you can get these customized is sweet.

I've also been thinking of buying an Outfitter for my Chevy k2500HD, but I was put off a bit by how poorly they're talked about in some of the online posts I found. One problem mentioned I recall was with their roofs....raising and lowering them and getting them to shut properly.

Sometimes I feel like im being a a wimp for having purchase insecurities caused by reading the opinions of others, but these forums can helpful for getting real life experience advice from folks.

So anyway, I'd very much love to hear of your experience with your after you've had the chance to put it to test this summer....especially to see if the roof issues are real or not today.

You can find poor reviews for all of the manufacturers. People with poor experiences are always going to be more vocal than those with positive experiences.

The only problem I've had with the roof was when I had to lift it when it was covered with 3" of heavy wet snow.

Nothing terribly exciting. Just using it when I can.

Did a week of camping and fishing in northern Wisconsin. Going up to the north shore of Lake Superior in a couple of weeks. Then it will be off to Virginia for a couple of weeks.

I have found out the obvious: there is very little storage space in this camper. I've got a small utility trailer on order. Picking it up when I head north.

Back
Top Bottom