My new ride, 300 miles for about $4.80

generubin

Electric Baja
www.teslamotors.com

OMG, this car is amazing! Just arrived today.

Attachments

• IMG_1243_2.jpg
    IMG_1243_2.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_1245_2.jpg
    IMG_1245_2.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_1247_2.jpg
    IMG_1247_2.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 135
Nice, congratulations. Something like this will be my wife's next car, but not for awhile. Lot's of miles left on the Subaru.

What a beautiful car.This is a "plug in" right?
I had a Ford Escape Hybrid really loved it.Good MPG plus 4WD.Went for the new Escape,sorry Ford doesn't make a Hybrid in that model anymore.Maybe I should have gotten the C-Max plug in.Maybe Ford will make that in a 4WD.Didn't want to spend big $$$$$$$,for another brand Hybrid SUV.
Oh well,enjoy the new ride.The mileage can't be beat.
We need more vehicles on the road with greater mileage.Renewable solar,ect. is the way to go.At least I have solar on my house.Got the yearly "true up" bill yesterday.A year of electricity $90.
Frank

I saw a model S driving in my area. Pictures do not do this car justice, it is so nice. Just a little more $$ than I want to spend on a car. I need to many other toys, like my BMW K1600GT :)

Bill in STockton

www.teslamotors.com

OMG, this car is amazing! Just arrived today.

Gene,I saw this on a car yesterday at Pt.Lobos,Couldn't resist.
You need one of these stickers.
How true.
Frank

Attachments

• DSCN5961.jpg
    DSCN5961.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 159
Gene,I saw this on a car yesterday at Pt.Lobos,Couldn't resist.
You need one of these stickers.
How true.
Frank

Frank, You're right, that's a good sticker. I'll Google it.
Gene

Frank, You're right, that's a good sticker. I'll Google it.
Gene

The dealer I bought my diesel Superduty from gave me one of those stickers!

Great Tesla!

Foy

The dealer I bought my diesel Superduty from gave me one of those stickers!

Great Tesla!

Foy

Thanks Foy. The car has exceeded my expectations hugely. Already 1500 miles of mostly business driving in two weeks, it has been a pleasure. I never knew driving could be so fatigue free, but then again, I never had a "luxury" car before. I certainly still enjoy driving my Dodge Cummins as it's a truck--you expect some noise and compromises. But the other day I drove my Civic Hybrid to deliver it to its new owner, holy sh&%, it seemed so noisy/bouncy/ancient by comparison. I think I'm spoiled.

Gene, we need more photos and a video or two. :)

ok, here's a few more pics. Storage in the rear also includes a huge cubby (not shown) under rear hatch. No engine up front so you see the large front trunk. Seats are super comfy, interior is very spacious. Generally I'm a laid-back driver but this car is so frickin' fast and handles in the curves like nothing I have ever driven before. Most of the vehicles weight is within 4 inches of the bottom of the pan, and all of that under the centerpoint of the axles so this car does not lean at all in the curves.

Driving electric is a game changer. If you ever get a chance to try a Leaf (which is better than free at $19k, after you calculate gas saved) or the bitchin' Fiat 500 coming soon, you should. Chargers are aplenty, at least in California, and either free or cheap (a fraction of the price of gas). My Tesla includes free Supercharger charging for life.

Sorry I sound like an EV salesman but I got the EV bug something fierce.

Attachments

• IMG_8589.jpeg
    IMG_8589.jpeg
    75.8 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_8591.jpeg
    IMG_8591.jpeg
    93.7 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_1286.jpeg
    IMG_1286.jpeg
    75.1 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1288.jpeg
    IMG_1288.jpeg
    85.6 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1285.jpeg
    IMG_1285.jpeg
    72.2 KB · Views: 99
Smooth car Gene. The Leaf looks good also, but I see them priced upwards of $32K. Are there tax credits and other incentives bringing them down to $19K?

The Leaf can be had, nicely appointed at $29k. California has a $2500 rebate, the feds give you $7500. So that makes $19k in California. Other states have rebates or more or less. I forget which but a few states give back $5000, one give $7500! That $7500 from the state plus $7500 federal gets you a Leaf at $14,000.

My 40 mpg Civic Hybrid that I just sold, would use in the course of 100,000 miles at California gas prices, $10,000 on gas. If you get 20 mpg, you'll spend $20,000 on gas.

I"ll look into the Oregon tax credits. Thanks. It has taken me 21 years to put 158,000 miles on my Sentra and my average is less than 3,000 m/yr for the last 5 years. The doggone car just won't wear out, but Daddy is hankering for a new ride.

I"ll look into the Oregon tax credits. Thanks. It has taken me 21 years to put 158,000 miles on my Sentra and my average is less than 3,000 m/yr for the last 5 years. The doggone car just won't wear out, but Daddy is hankering for a new ride.

thats funny right there
laugh.gif

Thing is, with any full electric car, it is soooo much fun and soooo cheap to drive, you'll be out cruisin' around just for fun.You'll be driving way more than 3,000 miles/ year.

Back
Top Bottom