My October trip to the San Francisco Bay Area.

Thanks Bill. I have camped at Kirk Creek CG a long time ago and then was there on a fire around 1998 or 99. Nice country. The Hualapai's are really a beautiful piece of country too.

Very nice report, We are spoiled here in CA with so many places to see and camp. +1 on Norm's Market, best bread around and it smells so good in there. I always stop when I am in the area.

Bill

Enjoyed reading about your trip and look forward to the photo albums. Kingman is the halfway point for me when I go to visit my sister in CA. I've wondered about that Hualapai CG before, so found that part of your report very helpful. Thanks!

Hey Bill, thanks for the enjoyable report. I enjoyed the photos as usual. That shoveler looks a bit deranged- great shot. :)

Great write up, Bill. Would like to see more of the referenced photos.
Wow! You got to use your buddie's 500mm. Fun stuff! Great shoveler shot, as commented previously.

How many miles was your trip? We knocked out 1500 miles in our loop from NorCal to almost the AZ border recently.

Lighthawk said:
Great write up, Bill. Would like to see more of the referenced photos.
Wow! You got to use your buddie's 500mm. Fun stuff! Great shoveler shot, as commented previously.

How many miles was your trip? We knocked out 1500 miles in our loop from NorCal to almost the AZ border recently.
Thanks. I think I put on a bit less than 2000 miles on the trip. I kept track, but think I forgot to write it down, d'oh.

highz said:
Enjoyed reading about your trip and look forward to the photo albums. Kingman is the halfway point for me when I go to visit my sister in CA. I've wondered about that Hualapai CG before, so found that part of your report very helpful. Thanks!
There are several sections to the Hualapai Mountain Park. If you go past the entrance and to the right there are some camping spots, the rental cabins, and farther up the hill, a RV section with hook-ups. If you turn left past the pay station, look for a dirt road on the right - this leads to a much more primitive camping area where you can find a bit more privacy if it is a busy time.

Bill you hit one of those picture perfect day. Nice pictures, I love to visit SF, one of the great cities anywhere.

Bill

Thanks for the tour of San Francisco. My son lives there (adjacent Buena Vista Park) so we visit from time to time- one of the places I appreciate having a small truck. Can't believe how sunny it was, haha. As billharr says, great city and your photos show it well.

I just returned from Pescadero and the Marsh yesterday. My wife has a gig up in Asilomar and I visited my brother in Menlo Park. Both Saturday and Sunday we drove over to the beaches, hiked and walked all day. The weather was stunning, zero wind, huge waves, full sun. Nice to see your pictures of the same places. Thanks.

Bosque Bill said:
Better late, than never...

A modest narrative of my journey with some photos (including the truck/camper in scenic places). I will publish a number of photo gallery type posts for various destinations on this trip within the next few days.

http://bosquebill.blogspot.com/2014/01/california-october-trip.html
Bill thanks for the TR.Remember we were just behind you at Cambria.
We will have to try some of your spots in the Pascadero area.
Frank

Looks like you had a great trip. It is nice to reconnect with old friends, isn't it? Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos and trip report.

Back
Top Bottom