NEED ADVICE

dthomas

I have just purchased a 2008 hawk I have a 2008 dodge2500 crew cab with6 ft. bed. I am gonna pick it up in socal this weekend, I live in eastern Oregon I have to put the eye bolt in my truck before I go. Does any one no what size and the location. is there any thing I need to know to get it home??
Thanks in advance
Dan

I can't answer your question, sorry...but where in eastern Oregon do you live?
Just curious...
Welcome to the WTW Forum!

Just curious...

A Call to FWC would no doubt answer your questions. and congrats BTW ... used models are hard to come by.

I have just purchased a 2008 hawk I have a 2008 dodge2500 crew cab with6 ft. bed. I am gonna pick it up in socal this weekend, I live in eastern Oregon I have to put the eye bolt in my truck before I go. Does any one no what size and the location. is there any thing I need to know to get it home??
Thanks in advance
Dan

I might have looked at the Hawk you bought if it's the one in irvine and is currently on a tundra. The owner is nice, we didn't get it because it was missing many of the options we wanted and a Raven will be better on my new ram short bed. Good luck on your new purchase! If it was the same one, did you pay her full asking of $10.9k?

Thanks in advance
Dan

FWC has a handout for camper installation and I called and talked to Terry about mounting my used 2009 Hawk. If you can, to be most sure about this process, ask the seller to measure the distance from where the camper front bumper rests agains the front of the bed floor back to the front camper eyebolts and then back to the rear camper eyebolts.

For a Hawk, the handout says to place the front truck bed eyebolts 10 inches back from the front wall and as far out to the side as possible. Terry at FWC said this should end up about 6 inches forward from the front camper eyebolts. That 6 inches is far enough to keep the camper pulled forward but not too far for the turnbuckles to still work.

Likewise, the rear bed eyebolts should be 6 inches behind the rear camper eyebolts and as far out to the side as possible. The FWC handout says this should be between 57 1/2 to 60 1/2 inches from the "front bed rail", but again, if you know the distances for sure on your camper, you'll be able to be more exact.

Hope this helps.

Ed

You could make an appointment with FWC on your way down to socal. Then they could install the electrical and tie downs for you.

Just curious...

Just curious...

Outside the huge town of VALE

I might have looked at the Hawk you bought if it's the one in irvine and is currently on a tundra. The owner is nice, we didn't get it because it was missing many of the options we wanted and a Raven will be better on my new ram short bed. Good luck on your new purchase! If it was the same one, did you pay her full asking of $10.9k?

It sounds like the same one,(paid $10.5) because of the distance(950 miles) and how fast these things sell I had to buy it sight unseen, SCARY!(I have missed a couple of campers by trying to drive down to look at them) youve seen it , is it clean? I Know it dosent have a heater what other major options was it missing?

It sounds like the same one,(paid $10.5) because of the distance(950 miles) and how fast these things sell I had to buy it sight unseen, SCARY!(I have missed a couple of campers by trying to drive down to look at them) youve seen it , is it clean? I Know it dosent have a heater what other major options was it missing?

It's in pretty good shape. Lots of dog hairs but that should eventually clean up. Small refer so no freezer. No heater, no water heater. I noticed the top wasn't completey flat, might be normal from all the clamping. She had someone install an aux battery and it wasn't tied down or anything and looked sloppy to me, but I'm sure it's probably OK. Afterwards my wife was concerned that the bed might have a problem because the owner didn't want me to pull it out when I went to try it out. At the time I just firgured that she didn't add the second cushion so it might be OK. I think it was a pretty good value but priced too close to the base price considering it didn't have many options. That's why I decided to buy a new one.

Back
Top Bottom