Need Eagle Bed Board Dimensions

Ram89

Hi All

Looking for someone with an early 2000s Eagle to help me with the bed board dimensions.

New member and first time posting. I have a 2002 Eagle Shell that I am in the process of renovating. It was in very rough shape after sitting in a farm field for many years and had significant water damage before I rescued it recently. I have stripped the whole unit to the frame and plan on replacing the top G chanel on both sides that form the cabover frame that the bed board sits in. The original bed board was not salvageable and was broken and rotten preventing a good measurement. The cabover frame itself is bent and cracked on each side so I cannot get a good measurement there either. I purchased the frame parts and bed board from ATC. Marty thought my measurements I took off the existing frame and rotten bed board were a bit too long in the North to South Dimension. I had it cut long to my measurement so that it could be easily cut down if it was wrong. I dont want to bend the new frame rails around the new board and make the camper too long until I am sure of the dimensions. If someone could help me out that would be greatly appreciated. I am kinda stuck until I know for sure.

PS Marty was awesome and spent a lot of time answering my questions and walking me through the installation process when I went to pick up my parts. I was really touched by what a nice guy he is and the level of service he provided to someone just buying a few parts.

I’m sorry I can’t help, but I’m sure you’ll get good info from one or more of the members. I totally agree with your observations about Marty, he is absolutely great!

Mark
Thank you very much! I really appreciate it.

Wandering thank you for your response as well

Yesterday I cut out the 3 damaged corner studs from the front passenger corner. I replaced them with new pieces of square tubing and welded them in place. I also repaired some cracked welds and holes from screws ripping out. I was able to bring the whole unit back into square. It was about half an inch out when I started. Now I just need to mount the top G channel for the overhang and put in the bed board and the frame will be complete. I am thinking about widening the frame some as I already plan on replacing the floor pack that rotted out. Its a shame the po just left this sitting on the ground in a farm field. I have some photos and videos I will eventually share. I am documenting the process as I go.

Ram89, welcome to Wander the West and best of luck with your project. We look forward to your videos and photos! :)

Back
Top Bottom