Need help with a delicate subject.

rotti

I'll cut to the chase, dog farts.

Now it's bad enough in the house, but in a truck or camper it is :eek: especially with over 200 lbs of cannons.
So other than trading them in for purse type dogettes any suggestions?

With all the dog and small camper owners here I hope someone has solved this doggy dilemma.

I'm not saying that you do but I would recommend feeding them absolutely NO human food. It's a rare event for our pooch but when it happens...wow! Not much can be done once the bomb goes off.

As proud owners/partners (their opinion) of four canines, two donkeys, 9 ducks, etc., I say embrace the essence!

Supposedly a nice tablespoon (or more) of fresh yogurt (with active cultures) is good for the digestive tract in canines and in humanoids, two-leggeds, etc.

Could restrict food prior to bedding down for the night, too. Do some bowel math and see how long it takes for an eruption at the posterior end.

My 2 cents.

I'm not saying that your do but I would recommend feeding them absolutely NO human food. It's a rare event for our pooch but when it happens...wow! Not much can be done once the bomb goes off.

I agree. Keep them on a high quality dry food and no human treats. my 80lb. Lab has not missed a camping trip since i brought him home and the head liner in my camper is still lilly white. :D

As proud owners/partners (their opinion) of four canines, two donkeys, 9 ducks, etc., I say embrace the essence!

Yep, I might be coming around to your way of thinking. Ode de Doggie

I have tried different dry foods, wet foods and yogurt with varying degrees of success.
Any dry recomendations?
I guess the bean and cabbage diet was a mistake. :)

In the end I guess my new truck will have the rear power slide window and the Hawk will be ordered with two roof vents equipped with 14 speed Fantastic vents. Ventilation may be the key?

I guess the bean and cabbage diet was a mistake. :)

Sounds like a good trick for the pesky neighbor who lets his dogs run/crap all over!!!

Thanks!

BTW, I love dogs and I even have a pet cemetery.

More info than you need:
http://www.dogflatulence.com/

God Bless Google

Flatulence? No wonder I couldn't find it, I can't even spell it. :)

In reading your link I may have found the problem, wolfing down the food.
Not sure I want to deal with spoon feeding these two monsters, plus I like my fingers!

x2

Our dog had bad, smelly farts until we changed to a more expensive food.

Have always used "expensive" (runs about $40 to $45) foods. Nutro, Nutri Source, no grain, lamb and rice, chicken, large breed, senior etc, etc.
Any specific brands or blends?
Such a thing as BrandX Fartless?

Good idea, why wouldn't Beano work?

Any specific brands or blends?
Such a thing as BrandX Fartless?

Oh man, that is too funny, BrandX Fartless Dog Chow.

We buy Wellness Core. Nice thing about having a smaller dog, the food lasts longer. We also feed her some rice, I just give her some of the rice I cook up for my dinner.

Google Dog Food Analysis, there is a website (seems legit) that looks at the different dog foods. Even some of the expensive foods contain a lot of fillers.

Thanks all for the help.

I guess it's only fitting that my 100th post on WTW concerns dog farts. :)

Hills prescription diet w/d, available from your veterinarian, is formulated to reduce this problem. In general a diet that is consistant, high quality, and free from table scraps will reduce your pet's flatulance problem.

Back
Top Bottom