Need Help With Campground Apps

Missing Link

I guess I am not so good at using the "search" function because I know this has come up many times. We are planning a cross-country trip and want to download one or two apps that identify campgrounds along the way. Which app, or apps do you find most useful? Thanks.

The NF campground guide is available on the Interwebs for free and the publication can be ordered on CD from the website.

I would imagine Woodall's has an app.

Foy

Thanks very much Bseek and Foy. We downloaded some apps and now feel much better about where we will be staying. Bseek, congratulations on reaching your goal and getting your camper. Having almost exactly the same setup, I can assure you that you will be very happy with your rig.

Bill Harr posted a couple of apps during the past couple of months. Here is a good one: All Stay - Camp & RV. Another I found was Oh, Ranger - Park Finder

Missing Link said:
Thanks very much Bseek and Foy. We downloaded some apps and now feel much better about where we will be staying. Bseek, congratulations on reaching your goal and getting your camper. Having almost exactly the same setup, I can assure you that you will be very happy with your rig.
Which campground-finding apps did you get? iOS or Android?

Marc - Sorry for the delayed response; we downloaded All Stay - Camp and RV and Oh, Ranger - Park Finder, both for Android. Leaving tomorrow and will see which of these works best for our purposes. In the west, we are spoiled by the proliferation of camping areas. As you head east your options become fewer, so we are hoping these apps will really help. Thanks again to those who provided feedback regarding their favorite apps - Richard

Missing Link said:
Marc - Sorry for the delayed response; we downloaded All Stay - Camp and RV and Oh, Ranger - Park Finder, both for Android. Leaving tomorrow and will see which of these works best for our purposes. In the west, we are spoiled by the proliferation of camping areas. As you head east your options become fewer, so we are hoping these apps will really help. Thanks again to those who provided feedback regarding their favorite apps - Richard
Have a great trip. We were really happy with AllStays on our cross country trip. Another thing to do if you have time is google the small towns you will be going through. There are some historic gems to see in areas they most of us just drive by.

Missing Link said:
Thanks, Richard. I'm planning a cross-country road trip this fall. And in those eastern states where open-to-camping public land is very scarce I'd appreciate the guidance of a location-aware smartphone app. That is, an app that knows where I am (via the phone's GPS) and can suggest campgrounds in the vicinity.

I'll do research and planning beforehand, of course, and I'll have maps with me.

MarkBC said:
Thanks, Richard. I'm planning a cross-country road trip this fall. And in those eastern states where open-to-camping public land is very scarce I'd appreciate the guidance of a location-aware smartphone app. That is, an app that knows where I am (via the phone's GPS) and can suggest campgrounds in the vicinity.

I'll do research and planning beforehand, of course, and I'll have maps with me.
Mark, I believe All Stay pulled up where we were by GPS and then we figured out where we want to go and then looked for sites. The nice thing is there are layers (i.e. Forest, Private, etc.) jd

Back
Top Bottom