Need Your Help.

Umtduckhead

I am looking for a way to carry my 125qt yeti on the rear of my truck. Without having camper in hand and actually knowing the measurements, I am pretty sure that the camper door will open directly into the rear of the cooler (if mounted on a cargo basket). So, my idea is to get a cargo basket w/swing arm. That way we don't have to remove the heavy cooler everyday before and after the hunt. Has anyone seen a swing arm cargo rack? i am having a tough time finding one. I want something like this, unfortunately, i cannot find it

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/2/0/7/0/9/webimg/416881614_o.gif

thanks for your help.. .

Lots of folks who fish the Outer Banks carry their coolers on baskets mounted to a front receiver. Out of the way of the door, although I don't know how much air flow is restricted to the radiator.

Gives them a good place to mount their Hatteras Heavers. A twelve foot rod needs good support. It's been too many years since I fished Hatteras.

Paul

I have googled with very limited results. I have only been able found one, a basket (cheap looking). I don't want mount a hitch receiver to the front of my truck. I would like to be able to access things in the cooler and it still be on the rear of the vehicle. Thank you

I built one for a pair of 5 gal NATO fuel "Jerry" cans for a trip a few years ago. To keep it from rattling I built it with a wedge that was tightened after the hitch pin was installed. Also used the latch locking pin to pin it in the open position so that it wouldn't close on me accidentally. With the wedge draw-bolt tightened it is impossible to remove the hitch pin.

i-VK3m5WD-L.jpg

i-pm5KrMd-L.jpg

i-4qZLp2z-L.jpg

i-CwfvRXs-L.jpg

i-5jgFRbP-L.jpg

Rage PowerSport Swing-Away, Hitch-Mounted Wheelchair and Scooter Carrier - 60" Ramp
You could just eliminate the ramp for the wheelchair or scooter.

Rola Cargo Carrier Swinging Arm Assembly Just the components, get someone to fabricate you a basket.

Body Armor may have something, however, you have to shop by truck brand on their web site and I don't know what you own.

ProlineRacks has the Stowaway2 SA025.3 Swingaway Hitch Mount Cargo Carrier Platform.

That's all the time I have for google searching.

If you haven't been using the terminology that the above companies are using, try that terminology, there sure seems to be a lot of these these on the web.

Back
Top Bottom