Nevada Utah excursion - Fall 2023

AWG_Pics

Into the Great Empty
We went out and about in September and October to some new places and to a couple of familiar spots. Weather was perfect most of the time. We encountered almost no people wherever we camped. Good hikes. Interesting geology and some evidence of ancient people and environments. Got visited by some furred and feathered locals from time to time. All in all a great time.

I hope you enjoy these photos:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/awg_pics/albums/72177720311926456

And I turned 70 whilst we were wandering.

Thanks for sending us the link to your wonderful photos. Some brought back memories, others are places that I've added to my todo list. And thank you for including information about the geology - an extra bonus.

Tony,
Class A rock pictures. I particularly like the dike shot.
Happy Birthday too!

Wow. Your photos are terrific. Really gets the wheels spinning to head out there and roam around. Thanks!

searching for nowhere said:
Thanks for sending us the link to your wonderful photos. Some brought back memories, others are places that I've added to my todo list. And thank you for including information about the geology - an extra bonus.
Glad you liked the pics. Pretty amazing geology in those parts.

ski3pin said:
AWG, that was fun! Great photos, especially enjoyed the point. Isn't turning 70 grand? :)
Thanks Monte. I agree -- 70, with a functional body and a more or less functional mind is a treasure!

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Tony, from the photos, it looks like you had an excellent trip. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks Steve. It was very fun and flew by way too fast!

Foy said:
Tony,
Class A rock pictures. I particularly like the dike shot.
Happy Birthday too!
Thanks Foy! When we stumbled on the dike, you came to mind. I thought you may get a kick out of it.

buckland said:
Wow. Your photos are terrific. Really gets the wheels spinning to head out there and roam around. Thanks!
Thanks! I hope you get out to southern Utah soon!

Vic Harder said:
wow, nice pics. I'm sooooo tempted to ask about locations, but that might take away some exploring fun.
Thanks Vic!
Tony

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom