eastern Nevada, southeast Utah via the western desert

Thanks for the kind thoughts, Frank. We had not a breath of wind at Angel Lake. It stayed quite warm all night. We really loved the spot north of Monument Valley. It rained torrentially on us one afternoon, and just heavily a couple more times over the next couple of days. Very wet, but beautiful ever changing skies.

Thanks for sharing your photos. The ones of Monument Valley made me pause; they are so wonderfully different than the classic photos one sees. And of course, I loved the rock photos. I appreciate the time you took to include an explanation of the geology.

Thank you so much for sharing. Absolutely stunning photography!

searching for nowhere said:
Thanks for sharing your photos. The ones of Monument Valley made me pause; they are so wonderfully different than the classic photos one sees. And of course, I loved the rock photos. I appreciate the time you took to include an explanation of the geology.
Thank you so much. I am going back as time permits to flesh out some of the geologic explanations.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
That brings to mind Norman Macleans’ quote from A River Runs Through It.
The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
I am haunted by waters.
Great quote, and closing lines of the book.

Wow, some dramatic photography! What a trip.

Those old rocks and trees are making me feel quite young.

rubberlegs said:
Wow, some dramatic photography! What a trip.

Those old rocks and trees are making me feel quite young.
Thanks a lot! I am missing those old high places already.

Back
Top Bottom