Nevada's Monitor Range

That is a lovely area Mr. 3Pin, very nice. Sorry to hear that you got your first Bobcat battle scars, but now you won't have to fear it again. Great trip report!

I guess I'll have to wait for Part II to find out if you all hit the Monitor Valley (Potts) Hot Spring? It's one of my favorite soaking spots and I always take a dip when I'm close to it.

GroovyDad said:
I guess I'll have to wait for Part II to find out if you all hit the Monitor Valley (Potts) Hot Spring? It's one of my favorite soaking spots and I always take a dip when I'm close to it.
Shhh!

As always, a pleasure to follow the TR's of the 3pins! Looking forward to second installment.

What beautiful country!!! I'm glad you found a more peaceful camp than the first you encountered. Wonderful photography and trip report!! Again, thanks for sharing!!!

The packer at Virgina Lakes told us on the 2nd that just in the past day or so the wild flowers had really popped up due to the decent thunder storm rain fall. Great shots, that unknown tall flower stock came up in our back yard here in Moraga also. I keep meaning to try and ID it. Very tall over 5ft.

Ted said:
Another great report. Thanks Ski. The unknown flower appears to be some type of foxglove.
Thanks Ted! The plant leaves are correct but in my search I haven't found this coloration of the flowers. We'll keep at it! Oh, and bingo! You win a Plineys. :)

Excellent report! I do envy your travels!
I am surprised at the lush greenery in your photos. I was in the Austin NV area just 3 weeks ago and it was all high and dry out there. I do need to go to explore the Monitor range.

Back
Top Bottom