New 2020 Hawk surprise!

Jsoboti

Advanced Member
Just picked up my new 2020 Hawk. To my surprise it came with a digital voltage meter! I still plan on adding a proper battery monitor but this is helpful until I get it installed. Also... are fully charged AGM batteries supposed to read 13.4 volts??

IMG_4501 7.44.28 PM 2.jpg

IMG_4500 7.43.43 PM .jpg

Hi, with your new delivery, did they also update the plastic water drain valve on the outside. Seems to break a lot. Just curious...thanks!

Stan provided me with a new plastic drain valve for my 2017 Hawk FWC is now using that should be less likely to fail than the previous plastic component. However, I went with the metal drain value as described in previous posts in place of the new plastic part.

Idahojolson said:
Hi, with your new delivery, did they also update the plastic water drain valve on the outside. Seems to break a lot. Just curious...thanks!

Just picked up my new 2020 Hawk. To my surprise it came with a digital voltage meter! I still plan on adding a proper battery monitor but this is helpful until I get it installed. Also... are fully charged AGM batteries supposed to read 13.4 volts??

index.php

index.php

My new Lifelife AGM 6 volts show 13.3 volts when fully charged. I'm guessing you're 13.4 volts is just fine.

13.4 sounds good if you have just finished charging or if the battery is in float. After several hours of no charging and no solar input, expect 12.7-12.9 volts. for good condition AGM batteries.

Paul

Back
Top Bottom