New Alaskan 2016 5.5 CO

Rusty not sure about the polka dots, but you are right the titanium Bilsteins are a bit on the bling side. Almost hurt my eyes when the guys were doing the install. I really trust the advice of the Truck, Stuff and More and make a 4-hour roundtrip to reach them. I am not as handy as most of you on this forum--good skills to have. As for Bilsteins, I'm use to the blue and yellows when I had my Rover. The ride is just right now. I think the guys have hit a good balance.

Alaskan Camper President, Bryan Wheat, announced today they are going to be at Overland Expo West 12-14 May in Flagstaff, Arizona. It will be great to see them there.

Linda, are you on the road now? I thought I saw your camper and truck. I think it was either around Kingman or Lake Mead. The days are blending into one another...

Not me, not yet. Anxious to be on the move. It is why the adding of GM tow mirrors and upgraded shocks. Have my ticket for the Overland Expo in Flagstaff in May. Looking forward to Alaskan Camper Company being there. And, I am reviewing Milepost and thinking about the trek to Alaska this year. It is the 75th Anniversary of the ALCAN and they will be celebrating this all along the route. Working with my dog-eared macbook for all kinds of possibilities. Realized, I have not been to Yosemite. How about it where is everybody going this year? That might make a good post by itself. Would like to know where Alaskan go.

I have tinkered with the idea of trying to do the Flagstaff expo but that is just a lot of miles to cover for a couple days of fun... Not sure I'd have the energy after 3 days of driving..... and that's just up, I still gotta come back for work.... arrgh

Announced today new ownership of the Alaskan Camper Company. John Macpherson the Anchorage Alaskan Dealer for 24 years has bought the company. Truck Camper Magazine has an article today: http://www.truckcampermagazine.com/news/alaskan-campers-new-ownership-announcement/. Bryan Wheat and his team continue to run and to grow the factory. I got to meet both John and Bryan when I picked my camper up in October. Great guys and work well together.

gallery_3329_1076_138046.jpg

Linda N -- happy you got to meet the new owner! Seems like as smooth an ownership change as could be hoped for.

The new owner is standing in the middle of the image. Sure a great guy. The transition has gone smoothly. New website is up now. As the article states, new parts inventory on the floor.

Linda N said:
The new owner is standing in the middle of the image. Sure a great guy. The transition has gone smoothly. New website is up now. As the article states, new parts inventory on the floor.
That new website is so much easier to navigate!

Does anyone know if there is any insulation in the lower portion of the cab over or are your mattress basically laying on wood exposed to the elements..... I could not tell from all the wonderful pictures. My eyesight is not what it used to be :)
Thanks!

They have an option for insulated flooring, I'm not sure if that includes the cabover or not. I'll be at their factory in a couple of weeks and can find out ( in addition to a zillion other newb questions I'm sure! )

Back
Top Bottom