New Alaskan owner, a few basic questions...

verynice

Hi, I just purchased a 1994 Alaskan mounted on a 93' Chevy 3/4 ton 4x4. The whole truck was bought and built specifically to mount this camper and the camper was built to match the utility body (offset toolbins). I am just starting to clean her up and it looks like the first step is new seals for the pop up portion (sides, rear, and front). Is there a better aftermarket seal to use? The one that goes around the cabover portion also needs replaced. Is it best just to order from Alaskan or ??. Also, the owner kept meticulous (like I've never seen) records and kept everything in very good condition except for the camper exterior finish. He definitely used this thing, it has pinstripes all down both sides and the siding is getting pretty dingy- Can anyone recommend a cleaner to bring it back? I've tried some cleaner wax with no luck... Thanks in advance- Nate

Welcome Nate. We also have a 94 they are a very well built campers.

I also had to replaced the Pereli seal around ours. We purchased ours from Alaskan, its not cheap though. ($150.+/-)

Ours also had many dings and the paint was bad, never did find a cleaner that worked so I replaced all the aluminum one the top half. I had damage on my back wall so I was half way there anyway. Its lots of work but it now looks like new. Not bad for an 18 year old camper.

When I started to look at truck campers I looked at every thing, then found the Alaskans, almost two years later I found one we could afford. This camper does every thing we need and cost 1-2 miles per gallon depending on terrain.

Also If you have a problem phone Bryan at Alaskan, He and his staff can help you fix anything that can go wrong.

Thanks, I got some cleaner with bleach today and it is getting a lot of the grime off. Maybe finish with some wax and see how it goes.

Thanks, I got some cleaner with bleach today and it is getting a lot of the grime off. Maybe finish with some wax and see how it goes.

Before & aft pics?

Back
Top Bottom