New camper agin

marty

A Great Guy
We are building a pop up camper that has no overhead bed at all. the walls will be taller and it will have two doors on it. One on the rear and one on the pass side. It will not fit in a conventional pick up and will hold full sheets of plywood or sheet rock. This will have the ability to cut out the front wall and attach to the truck with some kind of a soft seal to make it a walk through to the cab. We do not think this will be a production model. Agin we are building in a defferent direction to find that super camper. So far Outerspace has the closest super camper built by us to this date. We are also considering another different style of no over head bed with no pop up at all.Have a nice day. Marty

Marty,

How far along is it?? It's always a pleasure to see you guys, so I might stop by for a look next week.

Bob

I wish somone would build a unit tht can sit on a flatbed but not this big overhang thing. Make it to still have the light weight factor, not to tall as to interfear with clerance issues and have the comforts of home.

Another different one

Delta rat, You know you are always welcome in our shop. It is nice to see someone that can hold thier own in this group. We will be starting it in mid to late july. I will post an update for you when it nears. Marty

Cool. Funny I was day dreaming about something similar to this a couple months back.

If I ever get a wind fall of cash I'll give you a call about building something custom since I'd think the ideal rig would be a total box replacement on a truck with an attachment to the cab. You guys sound like you'd be up for a challenge. :thumb:

We are building a pop up camper that has no overhead bed at all. the walls will be taller and it will have two doors on it. One on the rear and one on the pass side. It will not fit in a conventional pick up and will hold full sheets of plywood or sheet rock. This will have the ability to cut out the front wall and attach to the truck with some kind of a soft seal to make it a walk through to the cab. We do not think this will be a production model. Agin we are building in a defferent direction to find that super camper. So far Outerspace has the closest super camper built by us to this date. We are also considering another different style of no over head bed with no pop up at all.Have a nice day. Marty

Marty, are you making this for a guy named Chris in CO? It sounds like something he's been talking about on ExPo...

-steve

Steve - that was my first thought... He's "18seeds" on RV.net, but his name is Chris, and he has his full TC up for sale right now.

Last I heard him say was he was just waiting for somebody to build this outside the box concept camper he had designed.

Not The Same

sjv, No this is not for him. Very close to his plans in a few areas. This will be thinner, taller and not removable. Have a nice day. Marty

sjv, No this is not for him. Very close to his plans in a few areas. This will be thinner, taller and not removable. Have a nice day. Marty

Marty sounds like an interesting plan. I thought i had my camper sold but the buyer bailed on me. I have been fine tuning the plans to "hopefully" simplify the design and save on some costs. I'll be in touch.

-Thanks, Chris (aka 18seeds, sledskiing, sledmods) :)

Lol... Chris - good to see you over here on the simple side of life... Less posts about "how do I reduce the sway" and "Does my butt look big?"

Back
Top Bottom