New Cushions?

97grandby

Has anyone replaced the cushions and mattress pads in their campers? The new ones are light years ahead of my 1997 cushions and mattress pads. I'm sure a local shop could make come thing from scratch, but figured I would check with the messages boards first. Thanks for the help as always.

Sent from my iPad using Wander The West

I may be in the market for a new seat cushion in our 2015 Hawk. I spilled a cup of coffee on the cushion last week requiring removal and washing of the outer cover. We then made the mistake of washing the foam cushion. It's now been impossible to remove all the water from that foam cushion. We have tried a commercial clothes dryer, setting it in the sun, leaf blower and even wrapping the cushion in towels and driving over it with the truck tire to squeeze the water out. It's amazing how that cushion can retain water and how impossible it is to remove all the water.

We replaced all our cushions (bed and seating area) in our Eagle. Bought new foam (memory) for the bed, etc. and just bought the fabric we liked at a fabric store (colors, etc. are really good) and then paid a person to sew up the new coverings. Zippers, etc. and all was fine. Pretty cheap except for the mem. foam. I bought a queen size mem. foam I think at costco, then cut it into 3 pieces (one large, 2 small) so you can store the smaller pieces. Just like it came from the factory.

Dphillip said:
I may be in the market for a new seat cushion in our 2015 Hawk. I spilled a cup of coffee on the cushion last week requiring removal and washing of the outer cover. We then made the mistake of washing the foam cushion. It's now been impossible to remove all the water from that foam cushion. We have tried a commercial clothes dryer, setting it in the sun, leaf blower and even wrapping the cushion in towels and driving over it with the truck tire to squeeze the water out. It's amazing how that cushion can retain water and how impossible it is to remove all the water.
Try fitting the cushion into a giant trash bag and then gathering it the bag together and fit the opening left to a wet-dry vac. (Easier to do than explain in writing.) You'll be amazed how the vac will compress the cushion down into a tiny cardboard like remnant of itself while extracting the water. (I was a carpet and upholstery cleaner for 20 years.)

I tried this trick as well and it seemed to extract some water out of the cushion and into the bag but it never really pulled any water into the shop vac. My shop vac is a smaller unit and may not have the necessary juice?

After over 400 nights our couch cushion fabric was fraying and so we replaced them at our local furniture upholsterer. $400 replaced the two couch cushions with a much better fabric. We told them to match the foam and everything worked well, even the color match.

Back
Top Bottom