new customers for FWC

clikrf8

We did our once weekly trip into town today to buy groceries, garage sale, etc. and were approached by 2 different men about our camper. We had received a few cards and brochures from Terry at FWC so handed them out. Both were very interested and we gave them a tour both inside and out. Bellingham is still that kind of town where you can open your home away from home to strangers. Both had Tacomas and had been looking for what we have, a FWC Eagle. They are just not around this area, maybe because we are usually the last to get anything, being in the Northwest corner of Washington state, even house prices are still falling. Maybe we should charge a commission, lol? Or, maybe, it is drizzly here often and the marine air? But, with the one piece roof and rounded door corners, and careful maintenance and storage, they should be fine here.

My husband was hesitant about spending the money but he is even more enthusiastic about our camper than I am. He wants to customize it and get little things that will fit and make it even more like home. For instance, this morning we found a very small mylar cutting board for $.50.

Last Wednesday, a gal came up from Camano Island (45 minutes away) to really look ours over. She took photos and had a lot of questions and we gave her a demo of pop up and the dinette.

Be safe, be happy.

Get used to it!
tongue.gif
(kidding of course) I think we all get a lot of questions about our unique campers. I've lost track of how many "tours" I've given folks in parking lots. I'm always happy to oblige. Glad to hear you are enjoying your camper. I was just telling somebody yesterday that after almost 4 years of ownership I'm still just as excited today about my camper as I was when I bought it! It's hands down the best purhase I've ever made.

Get used to it!
tongue.gif
(kidding of course) I think we all get a lot of questions about our unique campers. I've lost track of how many "tours" I've given folks in parking lots. I'm always happy to oblige.

Glad to hear you are enjoying your camper. I was just telling somebody yesterday that after almost 4 years of ownership I'm still just excited today about my camper as I was when I bought it! It's hands down the best purhase I've ever made.

+1 I get a lot of Toyota Tundra owners. They did not know they could have a camper on their truck.

Enjoy and post lots of pictures.

Bill in Stockton

Yup. Happens to me too. I've even gone so far as to print out some "brag tags" with the URLs for WtW and FWC. Now that I think of it, I need to re-do them and add at least ATC and Jay's website.

I have also mentioned Wander the West as the best place to get info and learn more about how folks use and customize their FWC. It is a treasure trove of info and adventures that show just how far in the boonies you can go. I know that FWC and probably the other camper forums appreciate their customer base.

I think we're all improptu fwc/atc salespeople. I love seeing people interested. I'll pop it up for you "oh don't bother" really, it only takes 30 seconds, its no trouble at all. Don't know if I"ve ever sold a camper but I may have.

Get used to it!
tongue.gif
(kidding of course) I think we all get a lot of questions about our unique campers. I've lost track of how many "tours" I've given folks in parking lots. I'm always happy to oblige. Glad to hear you are enjoying your camper. I was just telling somebody yesterday that after almost 4 years of ownership I'm still just as excited today about my camper as I was when I bought it! It's hands down the best purhase I've ever made.

Well said Mr. Sun!

It's kinda fun being roaming ambassadors for these types of units. Marty & Jeff at ATC were nice enough to give me a stack of business cards that I keep in the truck. I hand them out when folks are curious or have questions. I'm running low, I'll need to get some more. :rolleyes:

I have a suspicion, thats all, that some if not a lot of big camper owners would be happier with a pop up, but they never get to see one. I think its a moral duty to show them off.

We did our once weekly trip into town today to buy groceries, garage sale, etc. and were approached by 2 different men about our camper. We had received a few cards and brochures from Terry at FWC so handed them out. Both were very interested and we gave them a tour both inside and out. Bellingham is still that kind of town where you can open your home away from home to strangers.

Be safe, be happy.

I think I saw your setup in Bellingham (right down by the water pulling into a Marina or something??) two weeks ago - if I had been by myself I would have chased you down and chatted with you as well....

I haven't given any tours to strangers yet, but I have gotten a lot of questions.

Oddly I haven't received any positive comments (or negative) from strangers yet, but looking forward to it. Although plenty from friends who knew I was buying one. There were a few who had doubts before but definitely understood why I got it once they saw it in person. Of course I've only had it for a couple weeks. Just bought a used '83 model fleet for my tacoma one state over. Still haven't gone out on her maiden voyage yet. Got her cleaned up pretty nice and my mom should have some new curtains made for it this weekend. But I'd like to patch up the canvas a bit. It is in pretty good condition for nearly 30 years, but there are some small cracks that could use some sealing and it probably wouldn't hurt to put a layer of silicon or something along the joints. And the screens in the canvas are coming loose in spots. But heh.. you get what you pay for. And I'm sure I got a good deal.

I think I saw your setup in Bellingham (right down by the water pulling into a Marina or something??) two weeks ago - if I had been by myself I would have chased you down and chatted with you as well....

I haven't given any tours to strangers yet, but I have gotten a lot of questions.

Hmmm, I am trying to think of when that was. Was the truck a lavender blue Tacoma? Maybe hubby was driving and I was at home. We love the Oregon coast so may let you know when we come down next spring. I have only seen 3 in this town including our own. I think there is a WtW member who lives in Bellingham.

Back
Top Bottom