New Four Wheel UTE Flatbed Model Coming Soon ...

Stan@FourWheel

* Teaser *

:)

Four Wheel Campers will soon be offering a production model a Flat Bed Camper.

We have built a few custom flat bed campers in the past, but each one was a bit different.

The new model will have a standard floor plan, and then the customer can add options to it as they wish.

The base model starting price for the camper will be $ 19,995.00.

The Aluminum UTE flat bed pricing varies from truck to truck.

The flat bed price would be in addition to the camper pricing.

Our dealer in Jackson Hole, Wyoming will be offering these as a package for any customers that might be interested.

For the customers that might prefer a "one stop shopping" experience, Jackson Hole FWC can sell and install the Aluminum UTE flat bed on your truck, and they can also install the Flat Bed camper for you as well.

Their website is located here ... www.fwcjh.com

Denny @ Jackson Hole FWC will have the first prototype camper mounted on his Toyota Tacoma on display at the Overland Expo coming up soon.

The Overland Expo will be May 17th - May 19th in Flagstaff, Arizona.

More show details located here ... http://www.overlandexpo.com/details

Come See Us !

: )

Attachments

• Fleet Flatbed 1.jpg
    Fleet Flatbed 1.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 3,345
  • Fleet Flatbed 2.jpg
    Fleet Flatbed 2.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 1,691
  • Fleet Flatbed 3.jpg
    Fleet Flatbed 3.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 960
  • Fleet Flatbed 4.jpg
    Fleet Flatbed 4.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 1,086
  • Fleet Flatbed 5.jpg
    Fleet Flatbed 5.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 982
  • p1010049.JPG
    p1010049.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 895
Yes we placed the stove there to save space. The Ute Bed for the Tacoma is 6' long. We extended the camper another 10 inches making it 6'10" and angled the rear to keep a strong approach angle! We place the dinette seating in the rear to maximize weight in the front of the camper. We will make these for full size trucks as well.

this looks pretty badass- I can just imagine all the storage options and ideas that will follow for tucking under the camper- looks like a really neat option for the serious expedition folks out there.... cant wait to see more...

I love the rear dinette with the window! The front dinette configuration in the Fleet obscures the side windows. Can't wait to see more . . . .

I love the rear dinette with the window! <snip>

Agreed. This is one of the nicest layouts I have seen. I am curious about the rear window height and visibility out when sitting. Is it similar to the side window and a little low? Also, what is the difference (general ballpark) in floor height from the ground between the floor of a traditional truck bed camper and the raised flatbed? I really like the use of space with the flatbed idea but wonder about the overall higher center of gravity. Also, what are the ideas for steps for the side entrance?

Very cool! Layout is great. Very excited about these flatbed models. This opens up a ton of possibilities for different interior layouts. Love that you guys are regularly adding features and designs. Good time to be a truck camper junkie!

Ski3Pin: the window will sit a little higher with how we raised the camper overall due to the flat bed sitting higher than a standard truck bed. We wanted a design that would fit nice and tight to the top of the cab and still give us enough room for a good sized door and fit appliances and cabinetry when the top is down. The side door will make the ease of towing a trailer, bike rack or other hitch mounts. Once we get it completed I will take some pics of the interior windows, we can visualize but it's hard without sitting in the seats!

I am installing the flat bed this weekend. I will take a measurement from the top of bed to top of cab and top of new flat bed to top of cab. I have estimates but will have actuals this weekend!

As far as higher center of gravity, the majority of utility trucks especially outside of the us run flat beds for large loads for both small and large trucks. We used a flat bed growing up on a ranch and the amount of utility the bed provided for large loads was great. I think if you choose your suspension wisely I dont think this will be an issue, especially with FWC's low center of gravity builds and maximizing weight in the center of the camper.

Send me any input you have on ideas! I always appreciate that as we are always trying to improve!
Send me your thoughts on steps, I have not come up with anything creative!
I will have a full build on the truck posted soon. I am going to use Hellwig for the suspension, they make some great suspunsion systems.

Alleycat:
We will have a Shell Model and I will get you pricing as soon as we figure it out. This would make a great shell for someone wanting to do a custom build.

Ricknv: Yes, this will provide some great opportunity for people to add things under the bed of the truck and "tool boxes" on the sides, especially if they are good with a welder!

Thanks everyone for your input!

Agreed. This is one of the nicest layouts I have seen. I am curious about the rear window height and visibility out when sitting. Is it similar to the side window and a little low? Also, what is the difference (general ballpark) in floor height from the ground between the floor of a traditional truck bed camper and the raised flatbed? I really like the use of space with the flatbed idea but wonder about the overall higher center of gravity. Also, what are the ideas for steps for the side entrance?

On my dodge the bed is like 3.5-4" higher off the top of my head, my 2000 FWC had a 46" cabover height if I recall right and that sat about 1-1.5" off the cab (nice and close), my build is 42-42.5" tall off the top of my head to stay similarly close. I'm guessing that FWC is keeping a similar sidewall height as normal and just adding in the storage under the bed to fill the gap?

The strucure's CG would be a bit higher but the internal stuff can be lowered verse stuff that was previously in the over bed rail area on a typical FWC.

Denny,

Have you thought about attachment yet? I'm not sure if I'm going to bolt through or make up some brackets to tie between the bed and my jack bracket yet on mine. Figured I'd test fit it on the truck and eye ball it all first before making a final call.

Steps: Step stool outside or folding aluminum ones, gotta store either, unless you raise the floor some to have something pull out which is more complicated obviously.

Are you going to be at the expo? I would like to meet you!

Gee, thanks Denny. Would be nice to meet you as well.

Not coming to Expo, limited budget.... One of these years I would like to come though, it would be fun to meet everybody.

Also wanted to say that it is good to see a camper layout that does a good job of keeping the weight forward of center, big props for that.

Could you possibly get an exact weight comparison of the stock Tacoma composite bed and the Ute bed? I now they are lighter than the standard truck bed, but I would be very interested to know how they compare to the composite bed. Thanks.

If I ever get the back of my truck crashed up, it is getting replaced with a Ute.

<snip> Once we get it completed I will take some pics of the interior windows, we can visualize but it's hard without sitting in the seats!

I am installing the flat bed this weekend. I will take a measurement from the top of bed to top of cab and top of new flat bed to top of cab. I have estimates but will have actuals this weekend!
<snip>

I figure there are a lot of people interested in pictures. :)

Measurements would be great. My issue is finished overall camper height on my truck. Right now (I know I'm one of the lucky ones) the camper with the ski rack and skis clears the garage door. Here in snow country it is sure nice having having it inside. :)

<snip> I'm guessing that FWC is keeping a similar sidewall height as normal and just adding in the storage under the bed to fill the gap?

The structure's CG would be a bit higher but the internal stuff can be lowered verse stuff that was previously in the over bed rail area on a typical FWC.

pods8, that's my guess too about the under bed storage,

Very correct about the overall weight being lower. The issue I'm most concerned with is overall height on the truck so it still fits in the garage.

pods8, that's my guess too about the under bed storage,

Very correct about the overall weight being lower. The issue I'm most concerned with is overall height on the truck so it still fits in the garage.

Too short of a sidewall equals short door and cramped with the top down though.

Back
Top Bottom