New Four Wheel UTE Flatbed Model Coming Soon ...

Hadley:
The Ute Bed for the 6' mid size truck weighs in at 250 lbs with the drop side boards and headache rack. The drop side boards weigh 55 lbs and not sure on the headache rack. The full size truck version weighs in at 450 lbs with the drop sides weighing in at 85lbs. I am not sure what a 6 ft Tacoma bed or a standard full size truck bed weighs but I am sure someone will help us out.

Pods8:
We are still working on attachment. I like the exterior for simplicity and ease of on and off. The bolting would be nice and clean though. Yes, your correct, we did need to keep a similar sidewall height to the door wouldn't shrink and we would have room inside for cabinet height. That produced the under bed storage. I think it would be nice to have a sort of under bed storage for pull out aluminum steps, but that's just a theory. It would also be nice to have a slide out rack on the back for quads or a sled. Send me pics of your build.

Ski3pin:
Yes, I agree camper height is extremely important as a lot of our users like to be able to pull into the garage or on a ferry.once it's completed we will see actual height!

Flat bed to be installed this weekend getting excited!

Pods8:
We are still working on attachment. I like the exterior for simplicity and ease of on and off. The bolting would be nice and clean though. Yes, your correct, we did need to keep a similar sidewall height to the door wouldn't shrink and we would have room inside for cabinet height. That produced the under bed storage. I think it would be nice to have a sort of under bed storage for pull out aluminum steps, but that's just a theory. It would also be nice to have a slide out rack on the back for quads or a sled. Send me pics of your build.

I hear you on the attachment those are the exact two thoughts in my head on it. Thus I figured I'd finish off my jack brackets and set the thing on the bed to visualize what I might like to do. Working on fairing/painting the exterior right now (and still need to build a door/flip up walls) so I have some time to stew.

Lots of pics in my build thread here (also one over at expo that has a bit more activity), have questions or want a pic of something specific let me know. (Note the first picture in the thread that is my concept model is inaccurate for the my current plan now, both the sink and stove will be on the same counter with open counter space by the door).
http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4474/

Pictures coming soon!!
The camper will go on a:
2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab
6ft Ute Bed
Hellwig Tacoma Spring Pack http://www.truckcampermagazine.com/news/hellwig-products-launches-toyota-tacoma-spring-pack
Bilstein 5100 shocks front and rear
265 BFG's A/T tires.
Alluminess front bumper
Custom rear Alluminess bumper with a built in reciever hitch.

<snip>

I am installing the flat bed this weekend. I will take a measurement from the top of bed to top of cab and top of new flat bed to top of cab. I have estimates but will have actuals this weekend!

Were you able to get the height difference?

Pictures!!

Attachments

• P1010012.JPG
    P1010012.JPG
    186.9 KB · Views: 8,851
  • P1010011.JPG
    P1010011.JPG
    172.8 KB · Views: 555
  • P1010009.JPG
    P1010009.JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 531
The UTE Model on the Tacoma will sit approx 6 inches higher than a standard bed truck camper. That is the build up above the door that is shown in the pictures to achieve a high enough interior for cabinets and a door.

The flat bed is going to allow the majority of the appliances to be placed at the flat bed level instead of the traditional camper sitting higher due to wheel well clearance. This will equate to keeping the weight low and with the dinette in the back and the heavier items up front, the majority of the weight placed forward.

The rear window is large and designed for viewing out the back while sitting at the dinette.

The front of the cab over will extend approx 60 inches, the step down would be a traditional Four Wheel Camper cab over size. Essentially creating a huge amount of interior space for a Tacoma camper.

Hope this helps with questions!!!

Have a good weekend!!

Attachments

• P1010008.JPG
    P1010008.JPG
    181.3 KB · Views: 2,127
A few more pictures of the Flat Bed Model out in Wyoming ...

Attachments

• photo 1(1).JPG
    photo 1(1).JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 345
  • photo 1(2).JPG
    photo 1(2).JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 414
  • photo 3(2).JPG
    photo 3(2).JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 400
  • photo 4(2).JPG
    photo 4(2).JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 410
Took the camper fishing this weekend and performed great pulling a drift boat. I attached some more pics. This setup is also going to be offered for full size trucks.

Attachments

• IMG_8761.jpeg
    IMG_8761.jpeg
    100.9 KB · Views: 284
  • photo(21).JPG
    photo(21).JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 284
We stopped by the shop last month to find most of the campers out at a show.
I was hoping to see a Keystone and the flatbed 4WC.
I am interested in the shell pricing for the flatbed.
Also is there different size flatbeds?
I would think the base should be longer for a 00 Tacoma Xtra-cab. Especially when...
It's compared to the shorter bed on a double cab Tacoma combo you have photos of.
Different size options for the flatbed camper?
Prices for the flatbed shell models?

Back
Top Bottom