New FWC Hawk Options - Now vs Later?

I made my own from supplies from the hardware store. After my first trip I found I need to make some changes. I'll do the changes tomorrow and get some picts up on the new one.

FYI - the hose is simple clear hose with 5/8" ID (I think). The new one will have the first section made of PVC and then run to the ground with clear vinyl tubing.

Stay tuned....

billharr said:
For a carpet I had something like this door mat. I got mine from the laundry service we uses where I worked. I cut to fit. Just pull out and shake off.
That is a great idea.I use a mat like that in the back of my Ford Escape.
I have wood flooring over the linoleum,but I sure would use that mat if I didn't already have my fix of the floor.
Thanks Bill.
Frank

Here's picts of my new set up. The vinyl tubing didn't work very well so I made a new one and used a bicycle tire inner tube.

2014-01-09+17.08.28.jpg

2014-01-09+17.08.44.jpg

2014-01-09+17.32.22.jpg

School me brother, what's the particular benefit of that set-up as opposed to just using an old garden hose? I'm thinking it will drain much better and take up way less space, yes?

Kilr0y,

The garden hose takes up quite a bit of room compared to this (plus I hate garden hoses), especially since I already have a 15 foot potable water hose in the exterior storage box. Plus any type of hose seems to have a memory of the coil when it was stored. The inner tube hangs straight down and perfectly into the grey water container. The purpose of the "T" is to allow more air to enter the system at the top as the grey water drains to ensure it drains fast and completely. The previous version with the vinyl tubing was not perfect but it did drain really fast. Once I trim the top piece a little more it will take up hardly any room too.

I'll report back once I use it a few more times. Time will tell if it's a bad design.

Great ideas, thanks. I like the idea that the tube hangs down straight. I use a 5 gallon bucket for my grey water, so this would work great.

Yeah the memory of the hose is a pain. I've used a couple different garden hoses and was going to try the vinyl tube but didn't see how it would be better. Right now I'm using a braided 4' stainless water supply line and then bungi it to my tire. It's just the right length for the bucket I use. I do like your idea tho.

I don't remember the thread, or the forum, but somewhere I saw a photo of a connection to the sink drain that had two ports. One went straight down for the drain hose, the other went straight up and served as a vent to get faster draining. I am tempted to do something like that.

Back
Top Bottom