New FWC Hawk owner

jkszoo

Well I have been lurking for awhile and learning a lot. Wanted to wait until I picked up my Hawk in November to post but decided I want to say thank you to all of you here for sharing your wisdom and experience! I researched threads and ordered new tires, BFG KO3's today. I also learned I need a safejack recovery kit. I am only purchasing 4 tires ($$$$) and my current spare will have to do for now. Planning on doing BLM dispersed camping and weather permitting hope to start my adventures in Nov/Dec. Haven't decided on 'first' trip (probably Salt Point in Jenner?), probably more civilized location since I am officially an old geezer (yes I read that thread). I have spent 2 years trying to buy a FWC Hawk (or similar) used, finally gave up, at least my 'kids' will inherit a nice camper (along with the debt ;)) I can't wait!! My experience at the FWC showroom in Woodland was beyond my expectations, and I was fortunate to meet the 'in house expert', lucky me! So I spend my time reading threads here, and marking all the camping spots I want to go to and can afford to go to. Feel free to suggest locations, I still work 40 hours a week but hope to adventure out on weekends for now. AND, I hope I posted this in the correct forum, if not I am sure I will hear about it!

2011 Ram 2500 Diesel
FWC Hawk 2024

Thank you! Appreciate all your posts, many places you that mention about are on my ‘list’, including Bucks Lake, can’t wait to go there again.

Congratulations on your new camper and welcome to Wander the West! And, we've enjoyed stopping in Occidental many times. Get ready for fun.

Back
Top Bottom