New FWC-Hawk

Sad when your son shows up with his Hawk and parks next to Dads Raven and you realize how nice that dinette is! Glad you have it, now lets explore..

enelson said:
The chairs are crazy expensive at $100. We bought them because they store away in a very small bag that can fit in a small space in the camper and are very light. We are trying to outfit the camper with mostly backpacking gear to keep the weight down.

We also really like the lithium iron phosphate (LiFePo4) battery pack /w Electrodacus BMS and Global Solar system that we added, but it would take another thread to discuss. These batteries also help keep the weight down.
Would love to hear more about your LiFePo4 battery and the Electrodacus battery management system. How's about a new thread on that?

photohc said:
Would love to hear more about your LiFePo4 battery and the Electrodacus battery management system. How's about a new thread on that?
OK, I'll snap a few pics today when I'm cleaning up the camper.

enelson said:
The chairs are crazy expensive at $100. We bought them because they store away in a very small bag that can fit in a small space in the camper and are very light. We are trying to outfit the camper with mostly backpacking gear to keep the weight down.
REI has some chairs like the Helinox for about $70, very nice. Major difference is 250# capacity for the REI chair vs 320# for the Helinox.

I'm not sure what we actually paid for the chairs. The girlfriend is an accountant that lives to save a buck. She did the shopping.

Congratulations and good to hear about your experience. I just ordered a 2015 Hawk. I too, went with front dinette and no toilet or shower. Looked like a lot more storage with front dinette and no big side window. Is that front table area roomy enough? I little late for that I know but we had to go with something.

bnf3 said:
Congratulations and good to hear about your experience. I just ordered a 2015 Hawk. I too, went with front dinette and no toilet or shower. Looked like a lot more storage with front dinette and no big side window. Is that front table area roomy enough? I little late for that I know but we had to go with something.
We love our front dinette. We watch movies there and the seats in the grandby have plenty of room. I assume the seats in the Grandby and Hawk are the same and it is the cabinet area that is shorter, but I don't know for sure. jd

Thanks a lot for that, too much post purchase thinking. The seats would have to be the same.
The Hawk will go on my 2006 Tundra DC 4x4 unless I go crazy and upgrade the truck.

longhorn1 said:
We love our front dinette. We watch movies there and the seats in the grandby have plenty of room. I assume the seats in the Grandby and Hawk are the same and it is the cabinet area that is shorter, but I don't know for sure. jd
I'd check on that. I think FWC told me that the front dinette was larger in the Grandby than the Hawk. I like the front dinette but I couldn't convince the girlfriend in it's benefits.

View attachment 20199

Grandby

Front Dinette Grandby.jpg

Hawk

Front dinette Hawk.jpg

The front dinnette 'aft sections' in the Hawk and Grandby are the same, so the difference in length is in the seating space. The Grandby has wider seat cushions and a floor storage area in front of the shower grate in the floor.

One of the cool things about the front dinette in the Granby is that if a long pull in for north/south sleeping is optioned a person can still sit at the dinette with the bed made. This is important for us since the girlfriend always gets up an hour before me.

Back
Top Bottom