New FWC interior

Looks more modern, but dang that fabric is busy. I'm more monochrome I guess (boring some might say).

I'm headed to the Portland Sportsmans Show in a couple weeks to see the new campers -- hopefully they will have this one along.

And hopefully I don't decide mine is a dinosaur and fall for some smooth sales pitch and buy a new one!

I was going to order my Hawk with the plain tan interior, but the new FWC dealer here in Denver made a good point in that the "animal print" hides stains, dog hair etc.
Made sense so I'm going animal.

Did you notice the tan old school pop up fabric?

I fell for the smooth sales talk, beware.

If I every rebuild the inside this looks like a good option. Like the front dinning and two windows.

Ugh, that is hideous.

To each their own. :)

Thankfully they have the option to pay extra and get the European colors. May be the best $$$ add-on in my whole build..

;)

To each their own. :)

Indeed. Personally, I like the animal print enough to have it. That's why they offer choices.

One thing I don't like about this design is it looks like the windows are blocked when the dinette is set up. That would be a deal breaker for me.

Good attempt at something new, but I don't think it works well at all. If you have a child or a person sleeping below, you can't easily get down from the upper bed without risking stepping on them or waking them up. Also, with the dinette set up, you lose the windows and the interior would be quite claustrophobic. With the upper bed pulled out, the lower bed would also feel like a cave with no easy exit, given that the side cabinets close you in from both sides and you know have a low roof above you.

Another problem is that when you are cooking, with the fridge on the opposite side, you will be constantly turning around to get food out and put it away. Much less efficient than the current design. Also, with the fridge in the back of the camper you can reach in and remove food/drinks from the ground. With the fridge deep inside, this is much more difficult, especially if you are storing any gear in the center aisle and the top is down.

Good attempt at something new, but I don't think it works well at all. If you have a child or a person sleeping below, you can't easily get down from the upper bed without risking stepping on them or waking them up. Also, with the dinette set up, you lose the windows and the interior would be quite claustrophobic. With the upper bed pulled out, the lower bed would also feel like a cave with no easy exit, given that the side cabinets close you in from both sides and you know have a low roof above you.

Another problem is that when you are cooking, with the fridge on the opposite side, you will be constantly turning around to get food out and put it away. Much less efficient than the current design. Also, with the fridge in the back of the camper you can reach in and remove food/drinks from the ground. With the fridge deep inside, this is much more difficult, especially if you are storing any gear in the center aisle and the top is down.

On the contrary I think it's probably the best you can do with a rear entry. You end up stepping on the bed with the current layout too so I see no difference there. In general I don't really consider these campers really usable for more than a couple realistically, maybe one smaller kid tops (in my opinion). A kid would sleep under that fine. Realistically when you're only talking a couple you'd only try sleeping down there in stealth mode when the top was down (so no biggie there) or one up and one down in which case the top bed wouldn't be pulled out.

On the cooking front I try to just get what I need once to cook to minimize the in/out on these fridges to maximize efficiency. Yeah not as easy to reach in from outside the camper but not much of a downside in my book. I think this is huge improvement over the galley/couch route. I haven't dealt with the galley/dinette route but with the couch it is a constant dance with 2+ people in it because folks legs are in the isle, etc.

But that is what is nice about options, pick what you want (or build your own).

I have always likes the cassette toilet idea, nice to see it integrated in a 4WC design. The swiveling is a clever feature for tight spaces.

With the raised platform between the dinette and the (likely battery or water box) at the front of the leg area, it will probably be a bit cozy for two sitting in there. The couch layout has great leg room comparatively and in the longer Grandby, there is plenty of isle length to stay out of the way.

It would be interesting to see this implemented on the larger Grandby. To accomodate the cassette toilet, probably have to shift the entry door left some, which puts the squeeze on the propane box size, don't know. Might just barely fit as is. Leg room for the cross-ways dinette is probably decent. Given the cabinetry is on both sides, likely no good window views still, no matter which model.

- Mike

I have always likes the cassette toilet idea, nice to see it integrated in a 4WC design. The swiveling is a clever feature for tight spaces.

Thats an idea I presented to them in April 2010, when I ordered a shell model Fleet. ( I still have the e-mail )
Was met with " if we did do this ( or could do this, it would be on a time and material basis at $90 per hour). I ordered the camper anyway, and was going to do it on my own, but then was met with a change in the purchase terms I signed, and did not agree with, and their dealer still has my $2,500 deposit! At least the idea wasn't so bad after all was it FWC? :), and that it could be done..

I like the basic design...but that wobbly table has to be improved. I had that table set up....put my laptop on it and the table snapped off of the pedistal. I've since gone to a bullet proof (although expensive) table mount and it is now very sturdy.

Stay tuned!!

Stay tuned? Does that mean there is something in the works? Something that can be used on my Raven that is on the assembly line right now?

Stay tuned? Does that mean there is something in the works? Something that can be used on my Raven that is on the assembly line right now?

Me too!
My Hawk is in production or close to it.
I would be very interested in the "new" table design.

Wait wait wait. There'll always be something cool in the new campers. Its like buying a computer. Will they be cheaper and faster next year? Of course but in the meantime you need to check out wtw. Well the campers won't be cheaper. I'd love to have some of the new stuff they have now, but think of all the cool camping I'd have missed.

Has anyone changed their order to this new configuration? You lose some storage and its an additional $3200 on the Fleet. I am holding my order until I can see it at the Long Beach show, but I'm still thinking the couch configuration is best for me, a primarily solo traveler. The couch config is also better for stealth camping and has more storage.

Has anyone seen this in person and changed their order to this configuration?

You lost me at $3200 additional. :eek:

I'm sticking with my couch, bug sprayer shower, and lawn chair toilet. :rolleyes:
Still curious about that new table design??????

Back
Top Bottom