new guy old granby

New to this

Hi all,

I sure this topic has been talked about before, but here goes. I just bought a 1985 four wheel granby. It has some pin holes in the canvas. I heard that hypolon and VLP glue can be used for small repairs. Am I on the right track?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the forum. I recall some discussions a while back of people putting patches on their campers but don't recall the specific glue used. you can try doing a search for those conversations. Another option would be to call FWC. Their service department can give you a recommendation and maybe even get you some scraps of the canvas to glue over the small holes. Good luck and happy camping.

Thanks Ted,

I did call FWC, and the guy really did not know what the old style of fabric was. He guessed that it might be called "sunbrella" I'll continue to search and see what I can come up with.

Dave

Hmmm, that's strange. I know Chicali has been with FWC for a long time. In that case, I suggest you call All Terrain Campers. They were the previous owners of FWC and have a lot of knowledge about the older models.

Welcome. We have a lot of new campers owned by old guys around here so we needed some fresh blood.

Thanks for the responses. Good call on calling AWC. I will give them a shot tomorrow. I saw an old thread that the guy used the new FWC grey material on the old FWC brown material. It looks like he glued it on with that VLP glue. I just don't know where he got it or what that material the FWC uses now for its canvas. If that material is hapalon I have a local source to get it, I just don't know for sure if it is hapalon. Maybe tomorrow I'll find out.

here is a pic of that guy with the repair...

http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/index.php?/topic/161/page__st__10

I guess for an FYI, this is what I found out from ATC...

Hi Dave,

The glue is made by Weaver Adhesive # 3001 (2 Part PVC Glue) Weaver Industries 6570 W. Boekel Road, Rathdrum, ID 83858 1-800-367-4062

This should be the best all around glue for all FWC campers and ATC as well. Have a nice day. Marty

When I get some time I'll be using this stuff.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom