New Hawk to me

longboardcr

Hello,
I just wanted to introduce myself and show off my long awaited Hawk. I purchased this 2007 FWC from Mississippi sight unseen. I then had it shipped to Pennsylvania. It was delivered in a late Feb. massive snowstorm. I finally got it cleaned up and mounted this month. I wanted to thank Camelracer, Leadsled, Pods and "Stan the man" for tirelessly answering a bunch of questions. Looking forward to camping, fishing and surfing this summer with my little ones.

Cheers,
Longboardcr

Attachments

• rig1.jpg
    rig1.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 174
  • rig2.jpg
    rig2.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 182
Congrats. What's the interior like?

It's missing the big ticket items like a furnace, and frig. It does have the stove, sink, watertank and pump. Also, has inverter, two fantastic vents, screen door, extended sleeping area with the roll out couch/bed. I did add a sur power separator/ AGM battery.

Question: How functional is the non powered ice box? Do you know what the advantages are to having one? It seems like a cooler would be just as efficient. Maybe I'll just use it for storage.

Pictures...

Most folks aren't a fan of the ice box and use them for storage. Either roll with cooler or maybe look into a 12V compressor fridge.

If you want a furnace you can either consider a wave 3 ~$200 if you are comfortable with catalytic heat or the 1.8 amp draw forced air Atwood 8012 runs ~$350 if you're interested in installing one of those.

This has to be one of the all time greatest deals I've ever seen or heard of, congrats, you scored.

Oh, and take your ice box out and have a peek at the space inside the empty cabinet...I bet you don't put it back in!

This has to be one of the all time greatest deals I've ever seen or heard of, congrats, you scored.

x2!

Be sure to keep us posted on your travels with this camper.

How much did it cost you to have it shipped?

x2!

Be sure to keep us posted on your travels with this camper.

How much did it cost you to have it shipped?

Overland Hadley,
It was $575.00 to have the Hawk shipped from Mississippi to Pennsylvania. It was approx. 1100 miles. I considered a drive down in my F250 diesel but realized round trip it would have been at least that much in fuel. This did not include time lost at work.

I put the bid out and received a dozen quotes. I talked to the shipper and he seemed like a stand up guy. I think it was also slightly cheaper cause he shipped it on an outside carrier.

I put the bid out and received a dozen quotes. I talked to the shipper and he seemed like a stand up guy. I think it was also slightly cheaper cause he shipped it on an outside carrier.

Thanks.

What was the company that you used? And where did you put the bid out?

Back
Top Bottom