New Here, Looking for Advice

PNWF150Diesel

Hi all, I just stumbled across your forum when looking for reviews and advice on slide-in hardside truck campers. I have a 2021 F150 Super Crew Diesel with a 6.5ft bed. Trucks payload is 1,500lbs. I'm looking to purchase a slide in camper for skiing in the winter and mountain bike trips. I love the idea of the easy-on, easy-off of a truck camper and have found an older model Pastime 850 SD. It's surprisingly light (1,050lbs dry), has electric jacks and has been well kept by an older couple most of its life. I've heard good things about pastime campers and was wondering if anyone had any purchasing advice or general advice for up-keep and modifications. I would like to put a rocket box/cargo box on the roof as I carry a lot of gear typically. Has anyone had any experience with mounting things to wood frame camper roofs? This model seems to have a fiberglass type material up top.
Thanks ahead of time for any reqs :)

Hi PNW, and welcome to WTW!

Going into the wayback machine… as I recall, Pastimes were made in Mt Angel, and Apache on 82nd was a dealer. One of the now retired sales guys (Harold?) said they were very good in terms of value. You might give them Apache a call and ask a few questions. If Charlie is still there, he would be a good person to talk to, as he was in service prior to going into Sales.

From your description of taking a lot of gear, I suspect you’re going to be overweight once you load up, so keep that in mind as you make your decisions. By removing the jacks after mounting the camper, you can probably regain a 100+ pounds.

WS

Back
Top Bottom