New iPhone 14 - Victron BT connectivity issues

Stokeme

My Victron smart solar controller, in conjunction with my Victron BT battery shunt module, enabled great Bluetooth management, Solar & Battery, on my iPhone 8. Now that I have upgraded to a 14, I can not connect BT to either, no matter what I try. I’ve read after maybe 10 device changes connectivity can be an issue, but this has been only one device change. Any recommendations?

Kind of basic questions, but …

Bluetooth turned on?

Re-download the app on the new phone instead of just relying on the transfer of apps from your old phone?

Did you pair the new phone to the Victron devices?

I have an iphone 14 pro that recently replaced the iphone 8 I originally paired with multiple Victron Smart devices, and I had no trouble pairing the new phone and using the app. I did have to re-download Victron Connect.

I’ve connected to all 4 of my victron devices without issue to an iPhone 14 and xr.

The App clearly sees both my devices. The problem is when I go to pair, with the 000000, it starts at 0% & shoots up to almost 100%. At that point it throws out a “can not pair” screen. I try again, same thing. Should I shut off all power to the solar controller, so it “resets” itself? Or what is a PUK? a reset code? Is that a serial # on the controller?

Where are you seeing PUK?

Could it be PUCK? That might reference a Bluetooth beacon device that puck.js is trying to pair with. Could be a clue.

Paul

Back
Top Bottom