New Member just wanted to say hello

Let me know if you guys would like a picture of anything in particular. I do not mind at all. It will give me another reason to go outside and look at it!!!!

IMG_0862.jpg
IMG_0864.jpg

Thanks for looking

Just a quick update.
We went to the carpet store today and picked out a pattern that we liked. We get to pick it up tomorrow afternoon. We will then bring it home and cut it to fit. We will take it back after its cut and they send it out and put some finishing stiches around the outside. I know some of you do not like carpet in your camper but the hallmark that we had before had the carpet kit and we really liked it. Will post pictures once its cut to size.

MegaHawk said:
Just a quick update.
We went to the carpet store today and picked out a pattern that we liked. We get to pick it up tomorrow afternoon. We will then bring it home and cut it to fit. We will take it back after its cut and they send it out and put some finishing stiches around the outside. I know some of you do not like carpet in your camper but the hallmark that we had before had the carpet kit and we really liked it. Will post pictures once its cut to size.
I think that's a great idea. The warmth of carpet with the ability to pull it out to clean it. If you don't mind, how much will it end up costing you once it's finished getting stitched up?

I like an easily removable carpet or carpet runner in our RVs. For the new Granby, I'm thinking just a couple of bath mats. They can go in the washer if really dirty, otherwise, just pull them and shake out the dirt.

I do like the idea of cut to fit carpet with bound edges, but not sure I want to spend the money on it.

Can you post a good picture of the interior of the small drivers side window? Does it crank out ?
Also a good picture of the A/C wall on the interior would be nice.

Thanks

Very cool rig,

The total cost of the carpet will be around 160 dollars when its all finished. We went and picked it up today but did not have a chance to cut it to size. I think we may have went with a color thats a little off for our interior. Hopefully it looks good once its all done. Only time will tell.

The driver side window slides up but does not crank out. They framed in the A/C with aluminum and i think it turned out pretty nice.

Pictures of requested items tomorrow.

We have carpet we cut to fit in our camper. We like it for bare feet at night and in the morning. It is easy to pull out and shake free of dirt. We vacuum it after each trip. We bought a scrap at the carpet outlet for $10 and got enough for 2 carpets out of it. It is a nice dirt color that matches well with the paneling and dirt/dog hair doesn't show. We did not bind the edges and haven't had a problem with the edges fraying yet. It tucks under the threshold at the door where the main wear point would be. We keep a rubber mat in front of the door to catch mud and water.

Definitely did not get as good of a deal on the carpet!!! We had started off looking for a rug that would fit and went to several stores. Then the boss lady thought about the carpet store so we went up there and didn't even think to ask for scraps and they sure did not offer that advice when we told them what we were looking to do. Our fault for not better planning. Either way we are pretty happy with how its turning out. We will take it in monday to have the sides finished. Here are some pictures of the carpet and the other items requested.
Not the best at taking pictures. I just use my phone.

IMG_0870 copy.jpg
IMG_0879.jpg

Thanks Mega, What I really wanted to see is where they install the electrical outlet for the A/C. I'm assuming it's just out of the picture on the left ?
Anyway thanks for sharing your story and photos with us and Best Wishes for a Great New Year.

DanT

im interested in who you bought your camper from, did they give you any grief with the ac and the shell? i've heard other people say they won't install one unless you get the regular base, and not in the shell.

Mega - Looks great. Welcome to the gang. Quick question about your truck. Do you have an aftermarket lift? If so, what size. Also - what size tires are you running. I have a 2013 2500 Ram Cummins and need to sort out some tires +/- small lift for the upcoming season.

Jaosn

For the ac it was not a very big deal I do not think. It was something that I had to have as I use the camper at work and sometimes need to sleep during the day and in summer the hallmark just got too hot. I just explained my situation to the man at rockey mountain four wheel camper and he got it done. As crazy as it sounds it was a deal breaker for me if I could not get it. I had one of those portable ones in the last camper and even though it worked well it was a pain to set up and take down when I needed to run to town, so if I was buying a new camper that was one thing it was going to have.

As for the truck question it's a 2013 2500 with a 2.5" leveling kit and 20s with toyo mt 35x12.5.
Any more questions just let me know.

im waiting on my hawk. silver spur shell as well :) its a demo unit, and the dealer needs to use it for a show next week. then I can have it. it has the furnace but no awning or ac. so the dealer gave me the info on the awning company. and four wheel told me 700 as well for the option at build time. but nobody will tell me where to get the ac install kit for the rear window. I have side dinette so the rear window is free and clear. I did find the exact right size ac unit. just cant find the mount/kit. im willing to trim the hole myself. anybody know where to get ac mounts?

Back
Top Bottom