new member w/ old Hawk

scirocco16v

Hello all,

I have lurked on WTW for a number of years now, I can say the folks here convinced me a FWC was the way to go.
Finally after a long search, I bought a 1984 Hawk for $600. as the wife puts it, "its old n stinky". with all the posts of read over the years I am excited to dive into the Hawk and build it back up for many more adventures.

I have started demoing the rotted wood and the crumbling wall panels. Some one did a hacked up repair on the passenger side wall that needs to be fixed, pretty much everything from the window down. its not as bad as I thought initially over all, the frame seems sound from where I have spot checked, aside from the bad repair, needs a new floor pack, and the cab over shelf needs new wood.
the good is its already had the canvas replaced at some point, everything actually works.

All I know about the camper is the guy I purchased it from bought it because he couldn't find the exact camper he was looking for, so he found this Hawk in Utah and brought it back to TN. Then Murphy's law kicked in and he found the camper of his dreams a week later, so now I have the Hawk.

I'll post some pics later and as I progress.
Have a 3d model already for planning & design, attached pics

Cheers

Attachments

• hawk.jpg
    hawk.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 111
  • hawk_int.jpg
    hawk_int.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 89
What program did you draw that in? I started a drawing in Sketchup for a Hawk, but my skills are average at best.

Will be fun to watch progress. I just put a deposit down on a used model a few states away, I'd love to refurbish an old one to get it exactly the way I want, but that's a bit too big of a project for me to tackle at this point in time.

Fireball, I used Autodesk Revit, I intend to use it to rough in some ideas, and get an idea of material quantities. Sketch up is a good tool though, I use it often too.

I got some more demo done over the weekend, gutted the bad repair under the couch, pulled headliner and insulation out, begin deconstruction of the counter area. And cleaning with lots of scrubbing.

Back
Top Bottom