Jon R said:
Another big part of the puzzle is where you are going to install everything, and will the items fit where you want to put them. If you want 100ah of battery, it’s probably pretty easy. If you want 200ah, you may have a puzzle to solve. I would have liked to install two Battleborn batteries, but there was no way they were going to fit in my battery compartment with the chargers with adequate space for charger cooling and easy access to wiring. Luckily I found a different battery option that fit well and I’m happy with.

I would start by getting accurate battery compartment dimensions and begin trying to lay it out on paper. I had mine all mocked up and ready to install when I received the camper, so installation was fast. It gave me something to work on while I waited as well.
Excellent point Jon. I think just to be sure I may wait to have the camper in my possession. Thanks for the pics, they make for a handy wiring diagram!

I was going though this same process this time last year. I went to the dealer two different times to take measurements, then mocked it up on a scrap of plywood to work out the bus bar placement and wire layout. However, my dealer is only a half hour away and had a showroom camper with my cabinet arrangement i could measure. Not everyone has that available.

I guess my point, though, is not to select and buy your batteries until you are sure you can fit them in. That might need to be after you have your own camper to measure. I think you can safely buy your chargers early.

Back
Top Bottom