New to FWC, Long time follower, finally an owner

moondawg

Hey Everyone, I have been lurking here for over a year reading up on FWC's and ATC"s and I finally made the move up to a FWC.

I live in Victoria, BC, so finding a camper was not easy. I looked at a couple Grandby's and a Hawk, but I have a Nissan Frontier,so I needed a import size, Ranger or Eagle. I finally found a Eagle shell in Vancouver, and jumped at the chance to buy it. It's a 2010 and still has the new camper smell. It is pretty basic, but I was more concerned about weight, then I am luxury.

I'm going to use it for a while before modding it up, but I have seen alot of great ideas here for additional mods to a shell.

I owned a Jayco 7' sportster pop up, before the FWC, and it was a great camper, but the mechanics of the pop up, seemed frail, and even though it had a fridge, stove furnace, and sink and everything worked, I just didn't use much of it. Alot of weight to carry around, for not much use.

Anyway, I will be around stealing modification ideas from you guys. Hehe.

And I'll post pics of some remote Island spots here on Vancouver Island.

Cheers, Grant
Here is a tiny pic of my rig and new camper.
FWC.jpg

Thanks guys.

I do like the fit on the truck. The Nissan Frontier comes with a mini roof rack with an air spoiler built onto the truck, and the camper has about a 3/4" gap between it and the rack to make it a real slick and give great wind deflection when driving.

What a difference between the Jayco and the FWC.

moondawg said:
I do like the fit on the truck. The Nissan Frontier comes with a mini roof rack with an air spoiler built onto the truck, and the camper has about a 3/4" gap between it and the rack to make it a real slick and give great wind deflection when driving.
That is a very nice fit. My only complaint with these campers is that they are made to fit so many different trucks and the gaps vary so much.

CWD

Thanks everyone, great to meet ya'll.

My mod list is basic for now.
- Roof rack
- Inverter and panel
- Some sort of gas can holder set up (like the AT ones, but $)
- Awning
- Wiring set up to truck

Long term list
- Furnace/Propane tank
- Cabinet/storage
- Hi-Lift jack and shovel holder
- Curtains (I noticed that side window is so big, it doesn't give you much privacy)

I wish mine had a screen door, but it doesn't and I think it will be ok as there aren't many bugs here in BC, when I travel further out (North, South or East) it might be a problem. It came with a battery, and LED light upgrades, but that is about it.

Congrats and welcome. Do post about spots on Vancouver Island. It is on our short list of places to explore. BTW, you won't be stealing ideas so much as complimenting and honoring the contributors.

Alan

Congrats on your eagle. I too am a new owner and love mine. The fit on your frontier is great! much better than my little hilux but it will be perfect when I step up to a modern taco.
in the meantime i'm thinking about doing rack like that on my roof after seeing your truck.

Adding my congrats also...Welcome to the family.

Contact Terry Budd at FWC. - terry@fourwh.com - for whatever accessories you want to add. He helped me a lot while I was "building" out my shell.

RC Pilot Jim said:
Adding my congrats also...Welcome to the family.

Contact Terry Budd at FWC. - terry@fourwh.com - for whatever accessories you want to add. He helped me a lot while I was "building" out my shell.
Hey Jim,

Thanks for the tip. I will be using that contact for sure.

another islander, way to go................
if u need any tips from this end of the island, have at her.............
welcome and yes this is a good site..

Back
Top Bottom