New to FWC, Long time follower, finally an owner

Hey Griz, I know know of four FWC's on the Island now. You, another guy in Victoria (Eagle on a newer Taco), and a guy somewhere on the South Island. I met him at a gas station in Ladysmith, and talked about his camper. He bought his Eagle from the FWC Canadian Import company. He said landed with taxes, etc, he paid over $20g's well beyond my price range. And another guy in Victoria with a Dodge Ram and a permanently mounted Hawk. Not many, but I see em around here and there, mind you my eyes are peeled for them all the time.

alano said:
Congrats and welcome. Do post about spots on Vancouver Island. It is on our short list of places to explore.
x2

I spent some time camping in Squamish back in the 80's and was very impressed with BC coastal. I would love to get some pointers where we might go.

You can count me as more Islander from Victoria with 1984 Fleet on a Nissan Frontier. I picked it up at the end of the summer and have been been doing upgrades to both truck and camper.

One other FWC is at Fanny Bay, eagle on a first generation Tacoma.

I'll start documenting some of our camping spots soon.

Lived in Courtney back in the 70's when my dad was stationed at Comox AB. That's when Canada "didn't have nukes" and my dad was a USAF guy caring for them up there with the Canadian Forces.

Had some great times camping up in Forbidden Plateau area, and did plenty of bungee jumping at the Bungee Zone down in Nanaimo when my unit visited in 2006.

Sadly, one of our maintainers got stabbed at the McDonalds one night. The felon/druggy only served one year for it.

Very good people there other than the zombies, like all other countries have living amongst us...

Bummer about the Big Mac incident. I was born there just after you left i bet. Forbidden no longer has a ski resort it burned down in the 80's early 90's but it is great for a quick backcountry skiing and the hiking is still great. Mount Cain, north of campbell river(town) is where my camper is destined this winter.

Back
Top Bottom