New to FWC - New to WTW - Would like some input on my FWC set up

In the thread "Yes, you can overload a truck", rotti posted a picture of an older Tacoma crewcab with short bed that had a non-FWC camper on it extending past the tailgate, probably a heavier camper. Putting the weight beyond the rear action creates a lever effect.

rando, truth is I don't really like the insurance angle any which way. Insurance is about money and we all know accidents can be about a lot more than that. For all drivers the focus should be on avoiding accidents. Truck load is only one part of that equation.

And I completely agree one can worry to the point of immobilization.

What's important is how much time you think you might have left and what you're going to do with it.

I say do your thing and try not to hurt anyone doing it.

Sure glad now I have an Access Cab/Long bed. Those pictures look pretty scary to me. The amount past the axle probably cannot be good for your suspension over time as well. I have my Fleet just barely over the end of the bed and I know how it feels so far on quick directional changes. Not exactly stiff and rolls a bit, but feels pretty good. I wonder if that much weight off the end might get you pulled over by a law enforcement officer who has an RV. Hope not for your sake. Unless you need to have 2 more sets of doors for 2 adults, kids can fit behind my seats easy in an Access Cab if you need to. Consider that you would get good money for both your rig and camper used then go buy the best you can to replace what you have to get it right. But as I have said, sell privately and buy a 1 year old/low mileage off another dealer (non-Toyota) lot. My 2 cents, well maybe 1-1/2.

Why oh why do people buy pickups with little tiny beds? I dont understand...

I'd suggest proper truck for the camper as everyone has already said.

OutToLunch said:
In the thread "Yes, you can overload a truck", rotti posted a picture of an older Tacoma crewcab with short bed that had a non-FWC camper on it extending past the tailgate, probably a heavier camper. Putting the weight beyond the rear action creates a lever effect.
e4FXIME.jpg

Nah. That's a dump truck camper. Pull a lever in the cab and it dumps all your gear out. great for spring cleaning because you can hose it down and all the water runs out.Also good for removing snow on the roof.

Back
Top Bottom