New to us, 2004 Grandby

As you can see, there are lots of changes over the years.

Your Grandby was called the "X" model and was only made for about 1 year.

It was the first FWC's to be offered with the hot water heater.

In late 04' / early 05' we did a full change on the floorplan to work out some of the kinks in the original design.

The new production manager stepped up to the plate and we got it dialed in pretty well back then.

We have been working with newer floorplan on our current FWC's since early 05'.

On your camper the refrigerator was forward, and the couch was a bit odd (in my opinion).

The newer roll over couch seems to alot better and less cushions floating around.

The newer FWC's (like simimike's camper) have a thicker cabover on the camper (2").

I think that is why his side walls look approx. the same as yours in the pictures.

You camper has 3" extra on the wall height.

His camper has 2" in the cabover bed area.

hope this helps.

Welcome to the FWC family.

Happy Camping !!

The weird thing is, if you look the picture of simimike's rig, the side window and awning look to have the same spacing on the wall as mine does. I would think if mine was 3" taller, there would be some extra wall space showing compared to his. If you do look at the cab windows on his truck, you will notice they are taller as is the cab. It might just be that the 2nd Gen Ram's had a short cab height.
laugh.gif

cummins mike: My '04 Hawk has the same appliance configuration as yours - just a bit shorter overall. You'll love it.

If i was u i would also buy a lotto ticket. Finding a FWC that quick and not sold, say no more..............

And yes they look good. I too is a owner of a dodge 4x4 with a FWC. There pretty...

Thanks for the reply Stan. That clears up a lot.

This weekend plans are to get the tie down eyes installed. Today I am getting new BFG A/T KO's in 285/75-16 size installed so the tires will be done. Hoping to get out in a couple weeks.
cool.gif

If i was u i would also buy a lotto ticket. Finding a FWC that quick and not sold, say no more..............

And yes they look good. I too is a owner of a dodge 4x4 with a FWC. There pretty...

Yeah, the RV dealer posted it up Easter day (they were not open that day) and I called when they opened at 9am Monday. Made deal over the phone and the wife and I headed up. By the time I got there (approx. 3 hours) they already had another person in Idaho call wanting it. Funny thing was, I wasn't even going to look at Craigslist Sunday as I already had plans to go up to Redding. Sure am glad I did!!!
biggrin.gif

Well I got the eye bolts in and the jacks removed. Popped it up and played around with things. Really happy we found this model with the options I would have wanted, had I ordered one new.

Lower bed made (old style)
PICT6096.jpg

Upper bed (extended cab over)
PICT6098.jpg

Galley
PICT6101.jpg

Popped up with no jacks!!!
biggrin.gif

PICT6103.jpg

Back
Top Bottom