New to Wander the West forum

Tumbleweed

Hello to All,

I am a new to this forum. I am from Federal Way, Wa and live in Washington all of my life (57 years). I am looking for some new adventures. Adventure here is getting scarce around here now. I have seen just about everything there is to see here in this state. Don't get me wrong, it is a beautiful state. I need to get out of this state. Two to three more years from retirement, I am outta here. Planning to move to my next door neighbor.....Idaho. But I need a new toy to get me started. I am looking for a use Eagle Four Wheel Camper. I am getting tired of sleeping on the ground or in the back of my pickup. It is time that I found something more comfortable. My new adventures are to spend my time traveling Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, Nevada, New Mexico, Arizona, California & Oregon. Why a FWC? Because I would like something light, easy to take on & off the truck, and high quality made camper. Not sure what the market are for them. If anyone has one for sale. Please send me email. I will traveled as far as West of the Mississippi River to get one.

Oh, since I am new. I will post some photos of my next trips and info about it as well. Also, I don't know my way around this forum yet but will spend some time playing with it for the next several weeks.

Looking forward to hearing from some of you folks,

Tumbleweed

Seems like the consensus is about 45min to put on or take off the truck.

Unless you have to attach the legs as well... They are tedious to put on and off, but its not that hard.

Welcome WA friend. :)

(We're thinking about bouncing over to CO ourselves.)

They're not that easy to take on & off

30min isn't really that "hard" either.

Unless you have to attach the legs as well... They are tedious to put on and off, but its not that hard.

Good point. That is why I am going to be using a set of jacks instead, quicker and easier. (In my mind at least.)

Not with an impact wrench they zip right on. ;)

Good point. That is why I am going to be using a set of jacks instead, quicker and easier. (In my mind at least.)

So what system did you settle on?

So what system did you settle on?

A 3 jack system. ;)

I am still deciding, but I am pretty sure I will end up ordering Reico-Titans. I really do not want to drop my camper.

Hey tumbleweed check this forsale thread: http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4726/

Hello to All,
Wow....I can't believe the response I am getting from you folks. Thanks Pod8 for thinking of me. From what I read so far you folks know a lot about camper. I am looking forward in chatting with you in the future and learn all I can from your experiences.

They're not that easy to take on & off

Taking it off is easy: lift it off the bed and drive slowly straight forward. The camper looks precarious standing alone on it's camper jacks.

Putting it back on can be challenging, but I have gotten it down to about 20 minutes. I have a total of 5/8 inches between the camper's rear width and the truck's tailgate opening, and about the same between the width of the truck's wheel wells and the camper. I have never been able to successfully back my truck under my camper without some manipulating of the camper. Even when I lift my camper, pull straight forward, and later pull straight back, it never aligns quite right.

After backing under my camper as far as I can (usually to within 1-2 feet of it's final resting point) I get out, look all around, and adjust each leg of the camper by pushing with my shoulder on the camper, while lightly kicking the foot of the camper's jack. With little persuasion on each corner (about 1/8 inch) I can make the final alignment required to back my truck under the camper. I accidentally found that doing this on concrete with a little sand under the jacks is very easy.

Back
Top Bottom