New Truck? Thinkin' hard about new F150

Thanks, guys, for your info and input.
:)

I'll let you know what I finally decide and do.

I met with a local Ford salesman this morning to review my build order. He told me that current delivery waits for trucks is 4 to 6 months. As long as that sounds, I was prepared to hear even longer. (of course, maybe it will be longer and he was just being a salesman...) I found a forum with a current thread about "how long are you waiting for your F150?" How and when orders get filled seems kinda random. Some posters on that forum got their truck this summer 2 months after ordering, and some are still waiting on orders placed in May.

Because it's late in the model-year cycle, my order would be a 2022. He said there aren't any significant changes for 2022 (since 2021 had a lot of new stuff)...except that the current "0% financing" deal is only for 2021 models (so far).
He said that 2022-model-year prices will be available Tuesday, and he'll let me know.

I haven't placed my order yet, but I expect I will next week.

(The sales guy I met with was my stereotype of a car salesman: It seems that I'm his new best friend, and I'm one of the greatest guys he's ever met! :rolleyes: )

I've purchased two Ford trucks and one Subaru in the past via e-mail. I spelled out exactly what I wanted and sent it out to multiple dealerships asking for their best price. The two Fords were both factory orders and I never met the salesperson until I went into the dealership to sign the factory order & confirm the price that was agreed upon via e-mail. In both instances, I met with a sale guy from the commercial/fleet side of sales. I shopped at least 1/2 dozen Ford dealers in the area and went with the best price. Did the same thing with the Subaru, only it wasn't a factory order. The price variation between multiple dealerships was significant. I avoided having to go into the dealership and go through the typical dog & pony show. These purchases were some of the most hassle free transactions I've experienced. Of course, i was fortunate to be in a larger metro area where there were multiple dealerships in a 30 mile radius. I realize if one is located in a smaller town/city this tactic is more problematic, unless one is willing to travel farther.

Lastly, I will acknowledge that given today's auto sales environment, they are likely not discounting like in years past. Given that, it may just be best to deal with the local outfit.

TGK said:
....Lastly, I will acknowledge that given today's auto sales environment, they are likely not discounting like in years past. Given that, it may just be best to deal with the local outfit.
Yeah, that's my take on the situation.

I've bought my last three vehicles -- including my 2000 F250 -- through a 'no-haggle but great-price' route: Either through the "fleet department" or "Internet sales" or Truecar. There may be savings to be had if I work at it...but not as much or as easily as in the past.

Mark I don't envy you on dealing with the salesman at the dealers.
One reason or another I have dealt with a lot of them. I have gotten a "good" deal
on most but the Dog and Pony show I don't miss.

Probably don't see a "new" car in our future I would still go the used way.
The internet has made the interaction with the dealer easier IMO.

I have had a sales person after going through the whole spiel tell me the deal was the
best and that I could afford it due to where he saw I lived.I demanded my keys back and
told them to shove the car where the sun doesn't shine and went to a better dealer and
got a better deal.

Good luck and have fun with your "sales experience"
Frank

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Mark I don't envy you on dealing with the salesman at the dealers....
My worst car-dealer vehicle-buying experience was buying the truck I had before the 2000 F250.
But I'm not going to tell that story for fear of triggering PTSD. :( :unsure: :rolleyes:

The 2022 Ford F150 XLT 4X4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost engine, 6.5-ft bed truck is home.
:)

IMG_20220125_143427.jpg IMG_20220125_143521.jpg

IMG_20220125_143652.jpg IMG_20220125_143854.jpg

Hi Mark

I am really pleased that Ford continues to offer the Supercab size.

Ram lost my attention entirely with the 4 Dr models and kind of silly SHORT SHORT bed models.

David Graves

I tell you what, it's gonna take me some studying on the owners manual to figure out all the features and functions of this new-fangled v-hickel.

I'm not sure... but I think there's a button that, if you get in an accident, can turn back time by 5 minutes. Maybe that's only available on the King Ranch and Platinum trims. :unsure:

DavidGraves said:
I am really pleased that Ford continues to offer the Supercab size...
Me too. I almost never have passengers, so no need for a full-size back seat. But I do want in-cab cargo space. Thus, "Supercab".

I agree regarding the Supercab. Only wish they had a more functional "flip" for the rear seat to provide more functional storage for a big dog and or other gear. I had a '99 F250 Supercab for 20 years or so and the seat portion flipped forward and upside down and then the back folded forward to create a completely flat cab wide surface that was covered with metal. Used to be able to fit two 80 lb retrievers back there or, when we were down to one, there was also room for a cooler or hanging clothes behind the drivers seat in addition to the dog. I may be wrong, but I think they only offered that configuration that one year. The reason they may have ditched the concept is that the seats were horrible to sit on for anything longer than a very short ride. I have read of owners completely removing the back seat assembly though to make it more functional for stuff.

Nice looking truck. I've have a 2017 F150 Crew and I've been very happy with it.

MarkBC said:
I'm not sure... but I think there's a button that, if you get in an accident, can turn back time by 5 minutes. Maybe that's only available on the King Ranch and Platinum trims. :unsure:
Mr. BC, congrats on your new truck! It sure is one real pretty machine. Treat her nice and make her last, and she'll treat you well. Please provide an update on that button too, I want to figure out how to install one in our old truck.

Nice! So it looks like the actual delivery time was less than four months. Not too bad. I guess the IC shortage didn't slow things down too much. Or maybe Ford slipped some vacuum tubes in to replace some silicon.

Were you able to clarify if the HDPP option is available on the Supercab? Asking as a Supercab fan...

- Rusty

NRVhawk said:
Nice! So it looks like the actual delivery time was less than four months. Not too bad. I guess the IC shortage didn't slow things down too much. Or maybe Ford slipped some vacuum tubes in to replace some silicon.

Were you able to clarify if the HDPP option is available on the Supercab? Asking as a Supercab fan...

- Rusty
I think that delivery time may depend on specific configuration ordered...phase of the Moon...etc.

I was not able to order the Heavy duty package.

NRVhawk said:

- Rusty
It is possible to get the Heavy Duty Payload Pkg on a Supercab. However, they get restrictive regarding other option packages they will offer with it. It's best to always deal with the Commercial Sales Reps as many of the standard sales jockeys are a bit clueless regarding the myriad configurations associated with the Ford Trucks.

I got a quote from the commercial sales guy with a local Portland Dealer in early January 2021 for a CrewCab 4x4 6.5ft bed with the payload package. SuperCab was also an option. However, he told me at the time that the package was only available with the 301A XLT pkg. Also, one could not get the FX4 or Sport Pkg with the payload pkg. I ended up not ordering a truck and that is one of several reasons why I decided not to move forward.

Back
Top Bottom