New (used Hawk)….intro

cbphotog

Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. Bought a 2009 Hawk a couple of months ago, and the information on this forum was indispensable. Put it on a 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 with Bilstein 5100's all around (leveled in the front), airbags and 34" Toyo Open Country ATII tires. Took it to American Basin near Lake City, Colorado on it's first real test last week, and it performed flawlessly. Really loving this setup….

Here's a pic from American Basin...

Attachments

• _DSC6626.jpg
    _DSC6626.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 337
Nice Rig!

Had the Grandby out last weekend Half Moon Creek area, Colorado. If I could ever figure out how to post pictures here I would.
It's great that there is still snow in the very High Country of Colorado!

That's a pretty amazing picture. Looks like a great trip.

Looking good! Nice photo for sure. Looking forward to more photos and trip reports. Welcome to the forum.

Thanks to all. I'm a photographer, and I used to travel around the country shooting for calendar companies with a pop up. The first was back in the 90's in the form of a Skamper on the back of a small Toyota truck (with 4 cylinders!), and later a Hallmark on a full-sized F150. Good campers, but I have to say I'm really impressed with the Four Wheel. It seems super well thought out, and really well built. I added a solar panel setup similar to the one I have on my vintage travel trailer and it works great. I spent a few years away from the camping scene, and boy is it good to be back. It's great to know I can just grab some supplies and head for the hills in a moments notice, and as I live in a beautiful ski town in the heart of the rockies, there is no shortage of possibilities…..

Just saw your intro post, cbphotog. Love the shot and the rig looks sweet.
You already know what a great platform the camper/truck is to haul your photo gear to great locations.
Looking forward to seeing more of your work. Welcome!

Back
Top Bottom