New wheels and tires

Dafinga

Advanced Member
Hi Folks,

First post here. Looking forward to more....I bought campercamper's rig. It is a 2015 Tundra flatbed with a 2017 Hawk on the back. Super rig for sure but I am going to be upgrading the wheels and tires. Currently he is running stock 18" 2015 TRD wheels that are 8 inches wide with a 60mm offset. He is running some Michelins on the truck at 275/65/18. He has upgraded the shocks up front and in the rear to OME based on the truck's weight. It rides great. The UCA's are stock.

Heres the question: I want a little more tire towards the road as he is a good 3 inches in from the front and 2" in from the edge of the wheel wells in the rear. I am thinking of running some 8.5" Method wheels with a 25mm offset and some General Grabber A/TX's at 275/70/18. I ran the number through the calculator at willtheyfit.com and it looks like it could be perfect. I don't think I will be straining the stock UCA's and I have enough room in the wheel wells to accomodate.

Any thoughts? Should I pull the trigger? I spend a ton of time in the snow in BC and the 3 snowflake rating is really important up there.

Thanks in advance....

Congrats on the rig! Sweet setup!

Are you more interested in filling in the wheel wells, getting more stability by moving the wheels/tires outboard or some other reason?

I get the snowflake... I'm in Calgary and we go skiing/snowshoeing in the winter. I am very happy with my Yokohama Geolander A/T G015 tires.

That setup won't take up that much more room and I like having a little more sidewall. As for moving them outboard, I like the aesthetic. I was looking at the Geolanders as well. It's nice to have so many options these days.

More sidewall can mean more swaying. Higher load range tires "E" category is what most people here go with.

Back
Top Bottom