New WTW member- Mr. Moody

Moody

Advanced Member
Hi all- Roger Moody is the name...I am new here, I have been looking for new 'home' that is more what I am into-wandering around the state of Utah and surrounding areas. I am usually pretty active on other forums, but many have become too big for their own good. Anyhow, I am married with 2 kids who love the open (dirt) road and have the same sense of adventure I do. My wife and I are both teachers, so we have summers free to explore. Anyhow, I hope you will welcome a Utah guy...

Below are a few photos of a trip I just went on last month, Beef Basin in Southern Utah.

dsc0902w.jpg

dsc0689ic.jpg

dsc0700l.jpg

dsc0703wx.jpg

dsc0745m.jpg

dsc0747pf.jpg

dsc0753vk.jpg

dsc0816g.jpg

dsc0815y.jpg

dsc0827e.jpg

dsc0783j.jpg

dsc0828o.jpg

dsc0840i.jpg

Thanks folks. I appreciate the welcome. Looking to head back to the same area the 24th to the 27th (or so) of June if anyone is going to be in the area. I can give you super exciting lectures on Native Americans.

Nathanael- totally my fault. I spaced it out. Did you go and find that panel? If so, I would love to see some photos.

Welcome. I am a recent member, also. Lots of very sage and helpful advice here from folks who have been there, done that.

My husband and I spent 3 weeks wandering about and photographing the eastern part of Nevada (Panaca area) and Southern Utah. We absolutely love the Southwest being 2 rain-drenched Northwest natives. We are especially interested in Native art and saw a few ruins and petroglyphs. Unfortunately, the roads were in poor condition from the rains and for a rental car in the San Rafael Swell to see some of the iconic rock art there.

When we get our camper, we plan to travel to check out Prescott, AZ as a possible relocation town, maybe others similar in that area and in Utah. I guess we are smitten with the land and people.

Thanks for the friendly welcome everyone. I will be roaming around Utah this month, so if you are out and see me, stop and say hello!

It is official. We placed the Landcruiser up for sale, and we are hunting for the right 07+ Tundra to attach a FWC or ATC to.

I am excited to make the transition...

It is official. We placed the Landcruiser up for sale, and we are hunting for the right 07+ Tundra to attach a FWC or ATC to.

Best of luck on your quest!

Very good! Another FWC among the ranks.

As a 'Cruiser owner and fan myself, I hate to see anyone who knows how to use a 'Cruiser let one go...but if its to get an ATC/FWC, then all is not lost!

Have an 07 Tundra with ATC (see my sig) myself, so if you have any questions feel free to ask.

And I'm also a huge fan of SE UT. Be happy to meet you out there sometime and trade secret spots...

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. It helps my selling the cruiser...I will certainly be sad to see it go.

Brett-

I am interested to hear how you like the Bobcat on your truck...would you think it would work for my family of 4? I have a 4 and 7 year old.

Where are you located, here in Utah?

I am interested to hear how you like the Bobcat on your truck...would you think it would work for my family of 4? I have a 4 and 7 year old.

Maybe consider going flatbed route, it opens up the floor plan options better for a small space.

Brett-

Where are you located, here in Utah?

I'm near Denver, but usually hit UT a few times per yr.

I've taken my rig camping with a buddy and his 14 yr old son. Honestly, it's a little snug. Sleeps us fine- 2 up top and one on the couch. You could probably accommodate two kiddos + adult up and one adult down, but as they grow...

Other than sleeping, space isn't an issue unless the weather is bad. That's when you suddenly have to have all 4 bodies inside at the same time, which would be a little cramped. I suppose if you had one without the sink/stove cabinetry, it would be roomier though. On my Bobcat, the couch turns into a single. Maybe you can get a double in the shell model?

I'd add that the truck handles it no problem. I did add airbags and E-rated tires, which I'd highly recommend. But it stops and hauls with no problem.

Back
Top Bottom