New WTW member- Mr. Moody

I am interested to hear how you like the Bobcat on your truck...would you think it would work for my family of 4? I have a 4 and 7 year old.

With the full size Tundra you can get a full size camper, Hawk model or ATC's copy.

And if you feel like doing some design work, buy a shell model and build it out to fit your family's needs. You could do a bunk bed system for the kids, and have an outside kitchen under an awning.

The reason I ask is that there is one close to me for sale, 7k. I'd prefer to have the larger size. There is also a 1990 Grandby for a screamin' deal, but from what I understand it would hang over the back quite a bit.

I have thought a lot about the whole shell model build, but I don't think I have the time to do it.

Overall I prefer the Hawk...I am not in a huge hurry. I keep seeing them for sale, but I haven't sold my cruiser yet, nor do I have a truck. Sure would be nice to have a fresh camper and truck for SE Utah trips.

It is officially on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3984Q2em1555Q2el2649QQitemZ250892493521QQsspagenameZSTRKQ3aMESELXQ3aIT#ht_1784wt_1118

The landcruiser sold this afternoon. Bittersweet to say the least. We have had a lot of great memories with that truck.

Now, it is time to start the process of finding a truck, and of course a camper. I want to do it right. Those of you who know me understand I do a lot of trips...the truck and camper will see a lot of regular use...being a teacher has its benefits.

This is certainly the next logical step for me and my family to be more comfortable in the backcountry.

Bringing this back from the dead. I have had a lot change since I was last on here. I am now an assistant principal at a local middle school. Last year I bought a 2014 Tundra DC with the 6.5' bed. I've been looking to find a camper to put in the bed, I want a more basic shell model, the wife wants all the bells and whistles. I just contacted ATC Monday morning with a few questions. I haven't heard back, but I am leaning that way. Anyhow, looking currently.

Back
Top Bottom