Newb checking in

Radicalfil

Advanced Member
Hi all.
I 've been following this board for a while and I decided to introduce myself now that I have just picked up my '09 Hawk last Thursday and took it out to the coast for a shake down run for 4 days. Man I really like the little dinette that we got. With rain and wind, and lots of 'em, it was good to have that space to hang out and play cards, read and stretch out while the storms passed o'rhead.:eek:

Here are some action fotos:

Attachments

• Camp_sm.jpg
    Camp_sm.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 435
  • Out back door_sm.jpg
    Out back door_sm.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 435
  • Sunset_sm.jpg
    Sunset_sm.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 436
  • Pano Sunset_sm.jpg
    Pano Sunset_sm.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 442
  • HMB Harbor sm.jpg
    HMB Harbor sm.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 436
Welcome, your rig looks almost as good as mine:rolleyes:

can you be more specific where the pictures were taken? just like to try to make mental notes about where nice looking spots are.

welcome Radman ,Thanks for the photos.

That is a nice looking baby hawk you got there.Now does that have the same fansy interior as dirty dogs?how about an interior shot for us so we can druel at the newest camper.:rolleyes:what extras did you get?
cheers

Here are some more fotos of our trip:
Cool Haus along coast trail, Pano of dinette,another sunset pano and the Little Hawk.

Attachments

• cool haus1.jpg
    cool haus1.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 427
  • cool haus2.jpg
    cool haus2.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 441
  • Pano Dinnette.jpg
    Pano Dinnette.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 439
  • Pano sunsetq.jpg
    Pano sunsetq.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 432
  • Young Hawk in old euk4_sm.jpg
    Young Hawk in old euk4_sm.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 426
Welcome, your rig looks almost as good as mine:rolleyes:

can you be more specific where the pictures were taken? just like to try to make mental notes about where nice looking spots are.

We stayed at Half Moon Bay State Park. We rode our bike northerly to toward Pillar Point where the world famous Maverick surk contest is held, and along the coast trail we capture the pix of that really cool haus. Along the way we got to the HMB harbor.

On the camper we got it all except the refer and the solar package.
Lift jacks, twin vent fans, arctic pak, aux battery, dinette, awning, screened door, fluorescent lights, alum rack, extended cabover, hot water heater, shower, rear and side lights and rear wall steps. I think that about it.

Phil

Nice. Welcome to the forum!

Did FWC nixx the (crappy) fold-over couch and copy the dinette so many are buiding here as standard fare in the new campers?

I hated the couch. The dinette looks far more functional and user friendly. (although we are loving the "bed" we created and leave in place w/ no "seats" or table. (we don't drink or play cards...LOL)

great pix. I'm evious of anyone in warm weather about now...

keep em comin'!

mtn

Rad,

Welcome aboard and congrats. I'd love to see a few more pictures of the dinette FWC is building. Stan mentioned that they are offering it as an option now but has yet to post any pictures or other info. Thanks in advance.

Please...

Rad,
Welcome aboard and congrats. I'd love to see a few more pictures of the dinette FWC is building. Stan mentioned that they are offering it as an option now but has yet to post any pictures or other info. Thanks in advance.

Me, too. I'd really like to see what they did!

I'll post this shot of the back of the camper now and when it quits raining I'll go out and shoot some more of it's features.

Attachments

• dinette.jpg
    dinette.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 396
I think I've seen that before....

I'll post this shot of the back of the camper now and when it quits raining I'll go out and shoot some more of it's features.

Phil,

Thanks for the pics! I'd appreciate a lower bed deployed pic taken from above, if you can. No rush, whenever you get around to it.

Quoting my lovely wife:
I'm just glad they didn't come up with something that made us slap our heads and say, "----, we should have done THAT" lol

Because, of course:

d_02.jpg

I'm flattered if they copied our (bobg333, DLN, and anyone else I forgot!) design, but I think this mod is obvious. Especially DLN, his design was the starting point for my mod.

oops. Wrong key.

Attachments

• Backrest.jpg
    Backrest.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 325
  • backrest2.jpg
    backrest2.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 328
  • backrest assembled.jpg
    backrest assembled.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 330
  • Front stowage.jpg
    Front stowage.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 338
  • more stowage.jpg
    more stowage.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 334
Further views of the dinette configuration.

Attachments

• Backseat.jpg
    Backseat.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 320
  • backseat midway.jpg
    backseat midway.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 320
  • backseat_bed.jpg
    backseat_bed.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 326
  • Center stowage.jpg
    Center stowage.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 317
  • bed.jpg
    bed.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 324
Rad,

Thanks again for posting, they did a nice job with the dinette design. I notice they also added the corner cabinet to it, that's a great piece of storage in ours. How about one of the table set up, are they still using the three piece stock table?

Rad looks greatI like the new wood color Ive camped at that spot before. went horse back riding there to. Do you live near Halfmoon bay I would love to see your camper.................

I live in San Leandro.

I'll take a pic of the 3 pc. table setup tomorrow and then post.

FWIW, the storage/feet area where the table sets is about 16"X16". It is not much area for 4 feet and the table's foot. I sat crossway and stretched out
along the front wall while the wife sat in the rear seat.
The bed/seats are about 20" wide. Kind of narrow, but sleepable.

Back
Top Bottom